Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Guy asked about ak47 and ar15.
    Y'all arguing m16 and ak74.

Yeah, so?

How many threads on here have gotten so far off track that no one can remember what the original post/question was?!? :cool::cool:

Plus, the OP only started the thread to reach the magical 25 post mark so he could sell his Tantal in the classifieds! :p

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Any time a question starts with "aside from", there's a good chance it's at least partially rhetorical.

I just found it odd that you're choosing to present the two rifles as being from radically eras, when in reality they were invented 8 years apart.

There's no need to get snippy.
    It felt like trolling, and like TxStetson mentioned, I was hoping the thread would die at the time. Snippy can sometimes be a thread killer.

I'd be fine with comparing the original AR15 (with the powder issues, no forward assist, lack of case hardening, etc) to the original AK47... but what we all know as the AR15 today has had 60 years of evolution.

Some of those evolution branches brought the design closer to the AK47, not further away. I look at the history of each because I find it interesting... even going back to the evolution of the AR10... Inrange has some cool interviews on full30.com with Jim Sullivan (who worked with Eugene Stoner on the AR15) with some really interesting insight.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    If you really want to start a fire, ask people why they use an outdated, jam-o-matic, like the 1911

Heres to hoping that TxStetson and oldag dont block me
    :popcorn:

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age. It's as outdated as a M2 machine gun :)

I don't have any problems with jams. Perhaps your limp wrists are the problem?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you really want to start a fire, ask people why they use an outdated, jam-o-matic, like the 1911

Heres to hoping that TxStetson and oldag dont block me
    :popcorn:
    Although I do believe that's funny, comparing a cheap 1911 to all 1911's is about like comparing a Glock knock off to all Glocks.

Reactions: MTA

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I vote to change it to two weeks and 50 posts.
    I vote having an existing member vouch for you. Come to a weekly lunch or find a local person to meet you for coffee or something.
    Otherwise just get rid of the requirement all together.

comparing a cheap 1911 to all 1911's is about like comparing a Glock knock off to all Glocks.
    Yeah, but inversely. The cheap ones actually run!

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Yeah, but inversely. The cheap ones actually run!

That's because they haven't taken a combat pistol and tried to turn it into a target pistol.

A combat 1911 is going to be a bit on the loose side. Ya gotta have somewhere for the dirt to go.

The more they change the specs, the tighter it's made the more failure points you introduce...unless you take the time to properly fit the parts.

Top Bottom