• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are Kimbers good to go or solid pass?

• Kimbers are legit. I would buy from them no problem.

Votes: 31 54.4%
    • No, Kimbers are not good guns.

Votes: 20 35.1%
    • Glock Boyz unite!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    What bias? I don't have any skin in the game for, or against kimber, and I've said a number of times my information is anecdotal.

It's no more valid than what any other poster here has said. Don't take my word as the golden truth, but don't tell me it's not valid because it didn't come from the mouth of kimbers pr team, or that it doesn't count because i didn't pay money to own the brand in question.
    I didn’t say you personally are biased, I said the information being presented is.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Post pic of 1922 because I don't know what that is
    IMG_0310 1 - Copy.jpg

For the record, it works just fine. :green:

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I got curious so I went through the entire thread again and kept a record of who actually had first hand experience with Kimber's 1911s, and if they had issues. I did not even consider 2nd hand accounts for this. Those were not included in the below numbers.

18 people have admitted to owning one. 5 have had an issue, and one maybe had an issue?. One had a magazine issue, but I didn't count that one since it's not the gun's fault. Anyway, roughly 28% (not counting the maybe) of the people who have personally owned a Kimber in this thread have had an issue. That's not an acceptable failure rate.

There have been AT LEAST 29 Kimbers owned by people in this thread, and AT LEAST 7 of those guns had issues. That's about a 24% failure rate. Again, not acceptable.

4 people (separate from the "owned a Kimber" group) have personally seen or had issues with a Kimber.

At least 2 have seen large numbers of malfunctioning Kimbers come through their shop.

There's only a small number of people on this forum, and even fewer in this thread, so you cannot say that these numbers are true for the whole country. HOWEVER, such a large number of failures in such a small number of people does hint at possible quality control issues with Kimber 1911s.

That's enough for me to not consider buying a Kimber in the future, especially at the prices they command.
    I'll add mine in for the numbers. I currently have 5 Kimber 1911's (4-45acp and 1-22lr). I have had zero issues with any of them. I have had upwards of 10 Kimber 1911's and the one's I didn't keep were because I had friends that wanted a 1911 so I sold them one. I also sold my 9mm and 10mm Kimber's to forum members. The 9mm I have been told shoots flawless. Having worked at a gun range, I saw more issues with Nighthawk 1911's (believe it or not). Fit and finish on the Springfield's had gone from good to poor while the RIA's quality in my opinion surpassed Springfield (this being my experience within the last 6-7 years.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    They make a great pistol. Most of their smiths are former Wilson Combat smiths and they are down the street from each other. Only ever saw one have an issue, one more than any Kimber (personal experience).
    What's funny about that is two customers came in with Wilson combat guns at my FIL's shop. The AR15 shocked me. I figured for the money it would be gtg. Out of the box it had bad feeding issues. I mean destruction of brass and bullet level.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    What's funny about that is two customers came in with Wilson combat guns at my FIL's shop. The AR15 shocked me. I figured for the money it would be gtg. Out of the box it had bad feeding issues. I mean destruction of brass and bullet level.
    Yep. Just goes to show there are good one's and lemons no matter the manufacturer

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom