Patriot Mobile

Are soda machines the new cigarette machines?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Two thoughts:

1.) I thought liberals were all about "The right to choose."

2.) Why not fill the soda machines up with Mexican soda (which is much healthier)? They cost just as much and wouldn't piss off people who want the right to govern their own health.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Those of you who dislike the plan: why do you?

Because it is taking money from honest companies who make a product that millions of people enjoy, because some people think that 13.5 calories per ounce is "high calorie" (there are lunch meats with higher calorie content, FFS), that calorie intake is what makes people fat (complete bullshit by the way. It's not what you eat, it's how much and how often, as well as how much you exercise)...

And oh yeah: Because **** you too, that's why. How would you feel if someone came up to you in a diner and said that you couldn't have that burger and fries because it's unhealthy? How would you feel if someone said that you aren't capable of making simple choices, so they've decided to make the choice for you? 'Cause that's what this kind of shit is. It's the government making choices for you because they think that you or I can't be trusted to think for ourselves.

OK, rant over.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Because I don't need anyone telling me what I should or shouldn't have. None of their damn business.

You are mistaking "telling me" for "selling to me." From the article: The new city policy is only for vending machines and doesn't ban employees from consuming fatty foods and drinks at work. “But we don't have to promote it,” Sculley said.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    You are mistaking "telling me" for "selling to me." From the article: The new city policy is only for vending machines and doesn't ban employees from consuming fatty foods and drinks at work. “But we don't have to promote it,” Sculley said.

No mistake...they are trying to tell. JMO

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    jocat, obviously these are just my opinions, too. I see a city full of fat people, and I see a manager saying "I'm not going to provide fat foods for sale here," and I applaud that. I would no sooner give a drunk a drink than offer fatty food to already fat people.

Agreed, there is no option to make a choice. They provide the one choice they want you to have.

This is obviously wrong. There are plenty of options to make plenty of choices. The city has simply removed itself from being a peddler of caloric foods.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom