Target Sports

Are soda machines the new cigarette machines?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    "closet liberal"? Don't make me laugh so hard, man. As I said, there are -some- restrictions/regulations that I'm in favor of (mostly for reasons based on personal experience), but there are quite a few that make me sick to even consider.

Also, where did I defend the shit Austin is trying to pull? If you got that impression then you took my post(s) out of context.

Fair enough, I misunderstood you. However, these are very similar issues. The difference being, the city manager, has the right to issue these edicts in a publicly owned facility. I merely mentioned the comparison because they're related by virtue of being nanny state mentality. You've proven my point beautifully by the way.
    ARJ Defense ad

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I agree on the nanny state mentality bit. I just think that the reasoning for them is a bit different.

Edit: And I'm not inconsistent. You just don't know me that well :p

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    "closet liberal"? Don't make me laugh so hard, man. As I said, there are -some- restrictions/regulations that I'm in favor of (mostly for reasons based on personal experience), but there are quite a few that make me sick to even consider. And before you rag on me for that, I'm pretty damn sure you're the same way. For example, if you support an FFL being required for a business to sell guns/ammo, and a background check for in-store purchases, but are against things like ammo or gun restrictions, you're in the same boat as I am.

Also, where did I defend the shit Austin is trying to pull? If you got that impression then you took my post(s) out of context.

Edit: For what it's worth, I'll say this. I'm alright with restaurants, bars, etc etc allowing people to smoke inside - provided that the smoking/non-smoking sections are separated, either by a wall or a good bit of open space. It's when the two are jammed right up against each other that it becomes an issue for me.

You and I are not even in the same body of water much less boat.

FFL's and NICS are infringements on the 2nd amendment.

As to your last paragraph about smoking being ok if separate, that is quite a leap from your previous posts in this thread on the same subject.

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    "closet liberal"? Don't make me laugh so hard, man. As I said, there are -some- restrictions/regulations that I'm in favor of (mostly for reasons based on personal experience)

Ok, you are for government regulation when you benefet from that regulation, I see now. Where is the line? Which meddeling regulations are ok and which are not?

I think the bit about "Just have the common God damn decency to do so outside" had something to do with it.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Great, just after we had gotten things a bit smoothed over.... Here we go again...

@ yankee: Cherry-pick less, OK? You took that first bit out of context, and the second bit was in reference to a different matter entirely. "Based on personal experience" =/= me directly benefiting from whatever regulation/law is passed. If you would quit jumping the gun and give me a chance, I'd be happy to explain my idea(s) of the right and wrong forms of government interference.

@ winchster: It was an example, dude... I'm sure that if we sat down and tried, we'd eventually find -something- that we're both in favor of the government controlling/regulating, and something else that we both agree is bullshit. Maybe even something that does put us in the same metaphorical boat.

In regards to the last paragraph. It's not a leap, it's clarification that was long overdue.

Last edited:

Mr. Bojangles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Humble
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick and tired of the so called "conservatives" who are all for regulation when it comes to shit they like, but will scream and yell about regulation they don't. Either you're pro-liberty or you're not. If you support smoking bans, you should support soda bans, trans fat bans, dodge ball bans, helmet laws, etc. etc. IMO, the biggest divide in this country is not conservative vs liberal, it's libertarian vs. conservative, liberal, moderate, etc.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I didn't really want to read all of these posts, but from what I can see Doc Roe wants to tell privately owned businesses what they can and can't do so he doesn't have an asthma attack? Sounds like that's a personal problem if you ask me. If you're so sensitive to smoke, maybe you should be more conscious of where you're going?

Sheesh.

We can't be mean to you, no one can smoke around you, no one can say anything that does anything to Doc Roe.

Got it.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Yeah... Up yours too, jackass. Throwing fuel on the fire means you risk getting burned, so please, stay the hell out of it unless you've got an extinguisher.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Yeah... Up yours too, jackass. Throwing fuel on the fire means you risk getting burned, so please, stay the hell out of it unless you've got an extinguisher.

Are you threatening me? From what you've projected so far: an asthmatic who thinks a slam to the ground has a high risk of "crushed lung" or a cracked sternum, I'm really not all that worried about that "fire" you're bringing to this party.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Are you threatening me? From what you've projected so far: an asthmatic who thinks a slam to the ground has a high risk of "crushed lung" or a cracked sternum, I'm really not all that worried about that "fire" you're bringing to this party.

Flames. Not fire.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    And seriously. Lighten up. No wonder you have so many health issues.

I'm sitting here laughing at this, and you're telling me I need to have an extinguisher to talk shit to you.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    The great cornholio image popped into my head.

So long ago....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tumblr_lp8hxmasTS1qgn8jmo1_500.gif

Top Bottom