Guns International

Are soda machines the new cigarette machines?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • digitaltrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Mesquite
    tumblr_lp8hxmasTS1qgn8jmo1_500.gif

Haha, niiiiiiice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I want a ban on all bans.

Repeal all warning labels. Let Darwinism be the only law.

I still maintain all firearms should come with a warning engraved: "Danger! To check status of loaded chamber, point firearm toward genitals and squeeze trigger."

Nice avatar, given today's unique anniversary.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Are you threatening me? From what you've projected so far: an asthmatic who thinks a slam to the ground has a high risk of "crushed lung" or a cracked sternum, I'm really not all that worried about that "fire" you're bringing to this party.

First off, go look up what the word "metaphor" means, and then work on not taking things out of context like you did there. Second, go back and re-read the post you referenced. I said that putting one's entire weight on another person's chest could cause those injuries, -not- getting slammed to the ground. If you're gonna mock someone, at least get the fucking quote right, come -on- man.

And no, that's not a threat. It's a God damn promise. If you attack me, then I'm gonna fight back. If that's a problem with you, then **** off and leave me alone.

Jesus H Christ, you're worse than I am sometimes. And that's saying something.

OK, I'm done now. Winchstr (hope I spelled that right), sorry that I pissed you off like that. Yankee, same thing goes for you.

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    First off, go look up what the word "metaphor" means, and then work on not taking things out of context like you did there. Second, go back and re-read the post you referenced. I said that putting one's entire weight on another person's chest could cause those injuries, -not- getting slammed to the ground. If you're gonna mock someone, at least get the fucking quote right, come -on- man.

And no, that's not a threat. It's a God damn promise. If you attack me, then I'm gonna fight back. If that's a problem with you, then **** off and leave me alone.

Jesus H Christ, you're worse than I am sometimes. And that's saying something.

OK, I'm done now. Winchstr (hope I spelled that right), sorry that I pissed you off like that. Yankee, same thing goes for you.

tumblr_m3tpnbpyBx1qc0y0r.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Oh, I get the point. You don't like the government interfering with private businesses (most of which cater to the public, in case you forgot), and I'm the same way. I just feel that certain interferences are permissible, because they really are for the good of the public. Smoking bans (IMHO anyway) fall into the "they're actually doing shit right for once" category. Shit like banning soft drinks or certain size drinks (in NY, the biggest any place can legally serve you is a 16 ounce cup with two refills, IIRC), however, that just doesn't make sense to me, because soft drinks can't land someone in the hospital or morgue (not directly anyway).

Also, little note here. Your bar would last -maybe- half a year before you're either forced to close/change your policy or you get sued out the ass, in all likelihood. I can easily see the ACLU or a similar organization trying to ram a discrimination lawsuit down your throat.

Time out, flag on the field.

Show me a single non-debunked study that shows any harm from second hand smoke. I can save you some time and let you know that there isn't one, and that studies show no correlation.

So no, it isn't "getting shit right" at all.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Ban chewing gum? All gum has aspartame in it now, so there are only like two calories per piece.

This woman's a nutjob.

The calorie count on packs of gum should be in the negatives... Pretty sure you burn more than you gain from most of them, just like with celery (I think it's celery, anyway). Costs more to eat it than what you get out of it.

Side note here. It's been proven that aspartame is actually worse for you than regular sugar, at least if you're trying to lose weight.

Edit: The horse was dead. Why did you beat it?

Thanks for proving my point, Rusty. Seriously, thanks. Just know that I'll be praying for you when your time comes, and that I -really- don't give a **** what you think of me. It is funny to see you try and piss me off though. Haven't had a chance to work on counter-trolling in a while.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    The calorie count on packs of gum should be in the negatives... Pretty sure you burn more than you gain from most of them, just like with celery (I think it's celery, anyway). Costs more to eat it than what you get out of it.

Side note here. It's been proven that aspartame is actually worse for you than regular sugar, at least if you're trying to lose weight.

Thanks for proving my point, Rusty. Seriously, thanks. Just know that I'll be praying for you when your time comes, and that I -really- don't give a **** what you think of me. It is funny to see you try and piss me off though. Haven't had a chance to work on counter-trolling in a while.

I didn't have to try very hard. I don't think trolling people on forums is one of the deadly sins either, so I'm good to go.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I didn't have to try very hard. I don't think trolling people on forums is one of the deadly sins either, so I'm good to go.

Wrath, pride, vanity. I've seen all three of those in your posts here. So yeah, you actually are pretty thoroughly fucked. Moreover, I believe that every sin that goes unanswered for counts against you in the end, and based on what I've seen of you, it's a safe bet that you've got a -lot- of crap following you around.

Don't get cocky.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Aspartame isn't a good chemical, for sure.

Eh, didn't know if that had been addressed.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Wrath, pride, vanity. I've seen all three of those in your posts here. So yeah, you actually are pretty thoroughly fucked. Moreover, I believe that every sin that goes unanswered for counts against you in the end, and based on what I've seen of you, it's a safe bet that you've got a -lot- of crap following you around.

Don't get cocky.

Lol. Oh please. This reverse trollology isn't going to work on me.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I want a ban on all bans.

Repeal all warning labels. Let Darwinism be the only law.

That is an excellent idea. This or a government-induced zombie apocalypse (same concept as The Crazies). Either way, survival of the fittest would filter out all the gun-hating, gum-hating, soda-hating sons of bitches that ruin it for the rest of us. We'll be the ones who will stand up and take the reins. Good idea, no?

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    @ Sage: The point you brought up hadn't been addressed, no. The issue that ended up with me making that post, however, has been (I hope, anyway). That said, if you're interested, I'll gladly try to prove you wrong later today. A good intellectual debate never hurt anything, 'cept maybe pride.

On-topicish, yeah, aspartame is just nasty... Makes me glad the Albertson's down the road from me has started selling Coca-Cola that's made with actual cane sugar. Not only is aspartame bad for you, but to me it just tastes nasty, and completely screws the flavor/smell of what might otherwise be a good drink or dish. IMHO anyone who says they can't tell the difference either isn't trying hard enough or has jacked up taste buds.

@ Rusty: Wasn't trying to troll, dipshit...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    @ Sage: The point you brought up hadn't been addressed, no. The issue that ended up with me making that post, however, has been (I hope, anyway). That said, if you're interested, I'll gladly try to prove you wrong later today. A good intellectual debate never hurt anything, 'cept maybe pride.

On-topicish, yeah, aspartame is just nasty... Makes me glad the Albertson's down the road from me has started selling Coca-Cola that's made with actual cane sugar. Not only is aspartame bad for you, but to me it just tastes nasty, and completely screws the flavor/smell of what might otherwise be a good drink or dish. IMHO anyone who says they can't tell the difference either isn't trying hard enough or has jacked up taste buds.

Oh, aspartame tastes like shit.

Good luck finding a sound study on second hand smoke. UN study showed lower incidence of disease among children whose parents smoke, and the EPA study had the conclusion released before the meta study was even conducted.

Rusty: You and Roe need to leave each other alone.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas

Lol, okay Doc Roe.

49f8eb80-6864-4ecc-99a4-fb7760718ea9_zpsd73bbda5.jpg

Oh, aspartame tastes like shit.

Good luck finding a sound study on second hand smoke. UN study showed lower incidence of disease among children whose parents smoke, and the EPA study had the conclusion released before the meta study was even conducted.

Rusty: You and Roe need to leave each other alone.

Does this mean I get the last word? Come on.

But to put things back on topic. I don't believe in telling people what they can and cannot do/consume. If you want to drink yourself to death with Dr. Pepper, that's all on you.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Rusty is no better than what he makes Doc out to be. Doc is no worse than rusty.

Wut

I can vouch for the black market thing. Went through high school with a guy who would bring a bunch of Little Caesar's Hot & Ready pizzas to every single at-home football game, sell them at two bucks per slice, walk outside the fence (so he was off school property), order another five or six, and just do that all night long til the crowds went home.

Kinda hard to pass up $100 a night in profit. And that's not even considering the people who kept coolers full of soft drinks in their cars, or the few folks whose parents worked for energy drink distributors, and kept a case of product in their damn lockers (anyone asks, it fell off the truck).

Top Bottom