• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Are there? Does anyone have any pics or stories to share? My brother and I have a bet going on and we need to settle it. I told him I saw a bobcat on the banks of the San Antonio river down near Falls City. He is calling it BS. He swears that what I saw was a feral cat.
    Venture Surplus ad

Kilowatt3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    Are there? Does anyone have any pics or stories to share? My brother and I have a bet going on and we need to settle it. I told him I saw a bobcat on the banks of the San Antonio river down near Falls City. He is calling it BS. He swears that what I saw was a feral cat.
    I don't often make it that far South (or West), but I've seen them near Crockett, Bryan, and Orange.

From Wikipedia: "In early March, 2010, a bobcat was sighted (and later captured by animal control authorities) in a parking garage in downtown Houston, TX.[SUP][53][/SUP] In August and September, 2010, a number of sightings were reported in the Houston suburbs of Pearland and Friendswood."

Regards,
    Jim

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    When I was a kid in Beaumont, our neighbor had one in a cage he kept outside as a pet. We never went around it. One day it had gotten loose and went up the nearest tree. I remember seeing it up there. The owner didnt want to, but he had to shoot it to prevent it from getting away.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have seen one only once in about 20 years of traveling down south to Pearsall but I do spot cat prints regularly while inspecting game trails. My buddys cousin says that there are mountain lions and black cats down there and judging from the size of the prints, I am a believer.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I've seen a ton of bobcats, and even a couple mountain lions down near Zapata. Had a mountain lion kill a deer within 100 yards of the house. I've never seen any near San Antonio though; I guess because of the population density.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    We have seen them on different leases that we have had through the years. Falfurrias, Zapata (3 out 5 of us on that lease saw a mountain lion on the lease), Rachel, Escobares, and a Dove lease along the Rio Grande river. The ones I saw off the river were definitely the largest I've seen so far.
    About 4 years ago we were dove hunting in Donna, Tx and as we were leaving, it was dark after we finished cleaning the birds we were fortunate enough to see an Ocelot. Similar to a Bobcat, but the markings and tail are different. They are endangered and it has been recently reported that there are less than 50 remaining in the wild. I've read that many of that number are in the Rio Grande Valley.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I have seen one only once in about 20 years of traveling down south to Pearsall but I do spot cat prints regularly while inspecting game trails. My buddys cousin says that there are mountain lions and black cats down there and judging from the size of the prints, I am a believer.

There are a handfull of big black cats in Texas. hear about sightings every once in a while. I know up around the trinity river (not south I know) they see them. Theres a lot of "Pets" in Texas that get loose. I know when I was little my bousin had 2 Mountain Lions i think he let them loose when his house burnt. Back to the bobcats as many as we have around here there has to be some down south.

Top Bottom