Lynx Defense

Are we gonna get some rain anytime soon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why would anyone expect rain in Texas in July or August?

Dove season I’ll start soon, and the rain will arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Hate the heat and I was born here. It never bothered me until I donned polyester and a vest for work. 5:30p on a major interstate working a MVA was brutal. Tuesday is gonna be the hottest day of the year here in DFW and then we go back down to milder temps. of 97 and 98. Hydrate or die and take care of your pets. Of course mine is indoor and occasionally wakes from her slumber to go outside and lay in the driveway at 1p. That is why I call her a retard.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Howja like to live where it snows?

Streets are constantly iced up?

Have to bundle up like the Michelin Tire man before going outside and yeah, and have to wear special boots for the slush and ice and screw it, I'll take the heat and the gorgeous winters Texas has.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Howja like to live where it snows?

Streets are constantly iced up?

Have to bundle up like the Michelin Tire man before going outside and yeah, and have to wear special boots for the slush and ice and screw it, I'll take the heat and the gorgeous winters Texas has.
    Snow aint all that bad! A good freeze kills a lot of things I can do without like molds. You'r not doing yard work in it because plants go dormant. Game animals that live in it, have to be healthier or they don't survive. For those efflicted with buck fever, tracking in snow is easier.

As far as the streets being iced up it sucks if they put down salt, because it rots out your vehicle. Driving is only a problem if you an idiot & cant drive in it or and idiot hits you. Which is about the same as most places.

Winter clothes have made huge gains where you really don't have to bundle real crazy like. My current Goretex boots would be fine.

About the worse thing about snow is its hell on old on old folks! My arthritus would bother me longer, but then again that's an excuse to drink more booze.

Top Bottom