Hurley's Gold

Aren't you glad liberals have all the answers? $22 minimum wage! Woohoo!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, if they would quite printing money and devaluing the dollar it wouldn't it have the same effect without killing off jobs.

What's the point of making more money if you money is only worth half as much? That's based on inflation and not even touching the rising costs of products due to the cost to produce them.
    DK Firearms

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    It kills me that people who have never owned a business, or have worked in the real world feel that they know how to better run a business than the people that do.

LOL. I find the same thing applies to childless people who offer parenting advice.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    LOL. I find the same thing applies to childless people who offer parenting advice.

Idunno. I've met parents that we be better off following the advice of an LSD-induced white bearded gorilla than they would be raising their kids the way they do.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, if they would quite printing money and devaluing the dollar it wouldn't it have the same effect without killing off jobs.

What's the point of making more money if you money is only worth half as much? That's based on inflation and not even touching the rising costs of products due to the cost to produce them.

Fiat money. After FDR took the U.S. off the gold standard, all the restraints of having only the amount of dollars that could be supported with an amount of gold were removed. The government could now print all the money it wanted without having to worry about it being based on anything of any real value.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If inflation keeps going the way it is, we'll be seeing $22/hr minimum wage at some point. Available jobs will probably be damn hard to find at that point, tho.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Funny, I've noticed two signs for help wanted at entry-level positions for $11/hr. (One a machinist apprentice, and the other for warehouse jobs.)

Why do we need a minimum wage again?

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny, I've noticed two signs for help wanted at entry-level positions for $11/hr. (One a machinist apprentice, and the other for warehouse jobs.)

Er....to satisfy the libiturds' touchy-feely "We're doing something to help the poor" bullshit??

Where the only thing it's helping is getting them reelected by the welfare couch monkeys.......

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

McDonald's in Artesia NM. Has a sign up.
    Hiring, 11.00 per hour, shift workers.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    The good Senator .. "Liz"... yeah were on like first name basis.. managed to get into ..what was it Harvard.. think so, if not one of the other major ivy league schools.. by using a minority quota thing.. Just thrilled the Universities heart to have this "minority".. and of course the fact that she isn't one had nothing to do with it..

When grilled Liz (got her hang'n on the other line) said.. "well....my grandmother always told me our great great great Grandma was .. Indian.

I'm such a LOP.. Native American

Top Bottom