• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I don't do stickers or badges, concealed means just that.
    but there are a couple that I like.
    My 2 personal favorites:
    • "I Still Miss My "Ex" But My Aim Is Improving"
    • "Take Your Ex Out Tonight (One Bullet Oughtta Do It)"
    Not that I'm bitter towards my Ex or anything
    Lynx Defense

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Well, one thing I will NOT do is allow a criminal to dictate what I do - so yeah, I have "NRA Life Member" decals on my vehicles. Does it make me a target? Maybe. Then again, I kinda think it's like tossin' corn out for the deer.....

I don't know that it's a case of letting a criminal dictate your actions. If that's how you see it, you are entitled to that opinion. My way of looking at it is it's nobody's business what I do, where I do it, or how I do it unless I choose to tell them. As they say, "the best lovers and the best shooters in the world never do either activity in public." In general, I choose not to tell anyone outside the shooting community what I do. I've had more than one boss or co-worker ride in my personal vehicle and as far as I'm concerned, their first indication that I am armed should go something like the following:

Denny Crane- Guns on Yahoo! Video

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't know that it's a case of letting a criminal dictate your actions. If that's how you see it, you are entitled to that opinion. My way of looking at it is it's nobody's business what I do, where I do it, or how I do it unless I choose to tell them. As they say, "the best lovers and the best shooters in the world never do either activity in public." In general, I choose not to tell anyone what I do.

Not in your case perhaps, but judging by some of the others, it sure seems that way. I just frankly don't care, as most who know me will tell you. I am what & who I am, and you can accept it or not - your choice. I'm quite pro gun, and think that the more we keep our opinions hidden, the bolder the anti's become, because they'll slap their stickers on anything within reach while many pro's tend to try to stay "hidden". Got news for ya - the saw "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is said for a reason. Why do you think PETA, Brady, etc. are always coming out with weird PR stunts? It's all about promoting their agenda.

The time to remain silent and in the background has passed, guys. We've got to start getting into folks' face in a tactful and professional way, but we can't retreat. Just my thoughts and opinions.......

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Well, one thing I will NOT do is allow a criminal to dictate what I do - so yeah, I have "NRA Life Member" decals on my vehicles. Does it make me a target? Maybe. Then again, I kinda think it's like tossin' corn out for the deer.....

The time to remain silent and in the background has passed, guys. We've got to start getting into folks' face in a tactful and professional way, but we can't retreat. Just my thoughts and opinions.......

Glad to see you're taking a tactful and professional approach.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There's a difference between talkin' amongst ourselves and in public. But in my case, not a whole lot perhaps. I will not sit by idly when others discuss banning/restricting gun ownership. I'll instead point out the plethora of existing gun laws, and point out how many of them are broken in a particular incident - then ask why those infractions aren't included in the charges brought against the miscreant.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I won't even sport an NRA decal on any of my vehicles for that reason alone. That Armed decal is just plain stupid.

I agree, no NRA sticker on my car but I often wear NRA hats and sweaters just to piss off liberals. Even if they pass the law alowing open carry, I won't. I don't want to give up the element of suprise.

I read this on the Joke Thread on The MP Forum (thank's WhoKnew72) and thought I would steal it because it sorta fits this thread;

Funny ad on Craigs's List

I have no idea if this is real or not but it's funny as hell!!!

I was the white guy with the black Burberry jacket that you demanded I hand over shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend. You also asked for my girlfriend’s purse and earrings. I hope you somehow come across this message. I’d like to apologize.

I didn’t expect you to crap your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn’t that cold outside. You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber 1911 .45 ACP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh? It’s a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn’t it?

I know it probably wasn’t a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you’d come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I’m sure it was even worse since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. I couldn’t have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again. I took the liberty of calling your mother, or “Momma” as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself some gas on your card. I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go’s, along with all of the cash in your wallet, then I threw the wallet itself in a dumpster.

I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell. They’ll be on your bill in case you’d like to know which ones. Alltel recently shut down the line, and I’ve only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don’t know what’s going on with that. I hope they haven’t permanently cut off your service. I was about to make some threatening phone calls to the DA’s office with it. Oh well.

So, about your pants. I know that I was a little rough on you when you did this whole attempted mugging thing, so I’d like to make it up to you. I’m sure you’ve already washed your pants, so I’d like to help you out. I’d like to reimburse you for the detergent you used on the pants. What brand did you use, and was it liquid or powder? I’d also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I’m hoping that you’ll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky. If you read this message, email me and we’ll do lunch and laundry.

Peace!

Alex

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    There's a difference between talkin' amongst ourselves and in public.

(Psst. how many people, in the public, do you think read what we type here? Hint: More than 10. )

That part kinda made me smile, although I didn't really follow the rest. I think you're saying what most of us feel, you may just be saying it a little angrier.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    ...the more we keep our opinions hidden, the bolder the anti's become......

In my opinion, the absence of a window decal doesn't "hide" an opinion. What its absence does help to hide is the fact that I have a weapon in my unattended vehicle, and I'll do everything I can to prevent said weapoon from ending up on the streets in the hands of a criminal (short of not leaving it in my vehicle).

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    (Psst. how many people, in the public, do you think read what we type here? Hint: More than 10. )

That part kinda made me smile, although I didn't really follow the rest. I think you're saying what most of us feel, you may just be saying it a little angrier.

Actually, I stay quite civil in the discussions. It's more like - "Yeah, can you believe that idiot robbed that store? It's a shame that they didn't also charge him with illegally carrying a firearm", etc. - what I try to do is emphasize to them the number of other laws broken that they COULD (and should) have been charged with, but weren't. Usually, by the end of the conversation they realize that another law wouldn't have changed what happened, and (they) start wondering why the REST of the laws aren't enforced, rather than new ones that should be enacted.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In my opinion, the absence of a window decal doesn't "hide" an opinion. What its absence does help to hide is the fact that I have a weapon in my unattended vehicle, and I'll do everything I can to prevent said weapoon from ending up on the streets in the hands of a criminal (short of not leaving it in my vehicle).

That's where we'll agree to disagree, ah reckon. #1 - I don't leave it in the vehicle, and if I do (goin' into a bank, courthouse, etc.) it's secured in the vehicle. But the decal can also make a miscreant decide that I could well be armed - and if it makes him rethink his decision to break into it (and go for yours, where such a decal isn't present ), that's a Good Thing for me!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That's where we'll agree to disagree, ah reckon. #1 - I don't leave it in the vehicle, and if I do (goin' into a bank, courthouse, etc.) it's secured in the vehicle. But the decal can also make a miscreant decide that I could well be armed - and if it makes him rethink his decision to break into it (and go for yours, where such a decal isn't present ), that's a Good Thing for me!

It's off topic, but why would you leave it in the car when you go to the bank? Unless your bank is 30.06 posted?

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    It's off topic, but why would you leave it in the car when you go to the bank? Unless your bank is 30.06 posted?

Mine goes to the bank with me, it's kinda comforting to have it, since that's where the money is the bank is a good place to get shot by some half assed bandito.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Wow...I'd never put something like that on my car or truck...ever.

Ditto for Glock, SIG or other gunmaker's logos or outlines of firearms.

Why advertise? Sure, some might think of it as a "do not disturb" sign. However, I see it as a "break in here....I have a nice gun for you to steal" type of sign.

I also would not put anything on the outside of my house, advertising guns or gun ownership...same reasons. Why advertise? Especialyl if some sort of ban or registration scheme goes through in the next 4 years - now everyone on your block knows you had or have guns!

Again...not smart, if you ask me.

- brickboy240

Top Bottom