Patriot Mobile

AR's the wave of the future....................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If bullpups had way better triggers and more comparable to AR's they might be a better seller! Maybe if the sear is AT the trigger instead of at the hammer it could be better.
    Bullpups, for now, are more of a battle rifle. Not a precision sniper rifle.

Give it a few more years and technology will catch up with them.
    Guns International

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I bought my First in 2016 at age 60. Yes - age 60.

It didn't 'grow' on me, and soon traded it for an unused Hungarian AMD-65 in 7.62x39, with the 'correct' serial # "SA 2000 M" (indicates --authentic-- milspec Hun. components) beneath the receiver.

Had I bought - instead - a 20" classic by Colt, with better sight distance etc, might have kept such, and a friend owns a "Green Box" Colt AR from 1985.

If I watch enough movies about post-apocalyptic scenarios and finally --confuse pure entertainment-- with plausible future reality, my VZ-58 also is a contender to be a suburban street warrior.
    if you are gonna look for parts if shit hits the fan bub, you are gonna be SOL considering everyone and their mother has an AR15 in some capacity.
    I sincerely wish you the best. hahahaha.

laughing bert.png

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The British MoD (Ministry of Defense) went from their L1A1, Inch-Pattern FAL (7.6x51) to the SA 80 (5.56), and their forces all seemed to have nothing but contempt for this replacement.

I tried a civilian clone of the Israeli Tavor, and never before or since have I experienced such an ultra-heavy, terrible trigger, FWiW.
    Thats because they tried to bullpup an AR18, but had no idea how to build a gun. Literally none of the engineers had any background with firearms, and to make it worse, they constantly rotated engineers in and out.

The only time an actual firearms engineer touched the L85 was when Jim Sullivan was brought over to take a look at it, and then when HK was tasked with fixing it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Bullpups, for now, are more of a battle rifle.
    I don't remember which episode but recently Ian at Forgotten Weapons talked about some army using bullpups that decided to stop. The issue was that during a firefight it might be necessary to quickly shift from one side of cover to the other side. With the bullpups, they couldn't shift shoulders due to getting brass ejected into their faces.

I thought it was smart that they were trying to switch shoulders so as to minimally expose their bodies depending on which side of cover was being used. I would have never thought of that but, then again, I've never been in a firefight.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    ....they couldn't shift shoulders due to getting brass ejected into their faces.
    I think that was probably the Tavor. I don't remember seeing the video but, I think I recall reading something about that somewhere. Though, it is possible to change out for lefties, I don't want to be doing that while under fire.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I think that was probably the Tavor. I don't remember seeing the video but, I think I recall reading something about that somewhere. Though, it is possible to change out for lefties, I don't want to be doing that while under fire.

Tavor apparently ejects somewhat forward and to the strong side, so it does theoretically miss the face when the shooter switches sides. It was probably the ever-brilliant L-85 the British learned to hate that had that problem. Looking at photos of it, the ejection port is right by the shooter's face, and switching hands would launch the hot brass right into your cheek.

Just did a little more looking - looks like the real issue would be the reciprocating charging handle that's right over the ejection port - so even if the spent cartridge missed your face, the charging handle will rip your cheek off.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The tavor can be swapped, but it needs to be done at the factory. The AUG can be swapped to left hand by the end user, as well as the VHS-2/Hellion, though the VHS requires no replacement parts, unlike the AUG.

There are truly ambi bullpups, the FS2000, The KelTec offerings... These work, but these guns have other issues.

3 countries who previously used bullpups have dropped them, China (bullpup QBZ 95 to standard QBZ 191)
    France (bullpup FAMAS to standard HK416) and New Zealand (bullpup AUG/EF88 to standard LMT MARS)

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    While I mostly shoot lefty and have eaten much brass from an AR, none have been a pup. Usually the eaten brass has been from deflection on the interior of a helo. Not to mention in getting inside my collar and rolling down my shirt. Better the brass hits me instead of the pilot (my dad).

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Bullpups should eject downward...
    While I mostly shoot lefty and have eaten much brass from an AR, none have been a pup. Usually the eaten brass has been from deflection on the interior of a helo. Not to mention in getting inside my collar and rolling down my shirt. Better the brass hits me instead of the pilot (my dad).
    Brass catcher and cut the bottom out of the bag?

Top Bottom