• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My finger joints have gotten kinda stiff and making a fist is uncomfortable.
    I really noticed it a couple of months ago shooting the new air rifle. (What an awful trigger)
    Anyone have a reliable exercise or remedy to share?
    I'm on no medications whatsoever.
    Occasional zyrtec, that's it.
    Gun Zone Deals

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Heh!
    Does he smoke it?

Sorry bud. Can I find it at Walgreens or such?
    HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! maybe....:what:
    I have found it at HEB, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Costco & SAMS. I used it (one a day) a while back when my knees were bothering me, and it sure felt like it did some good. Not too bad tasting neither, they have pomegranate & blueberry I believe.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Glucosamine (sp?). I think that's one of the active ingredients in Joint Juice. Years ago I had knee issues so bad I couldn't take two steps without intense pain. Coach recommended glucosamine. Builds cartledge, etc. Works good for some folks, not so good on others. It doesn't hurt you and you don't need a prescription.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Glucosamine (sp?). I think that's one of the active ingredients in Joint Juice. Years ago I had knee issues so bad I couldn't take two steps without intense pain. Coach recommended glucosamine. Builds cartledge, etc. Works good for some folks, not so good on others. It doesn't hurt you and you don't need a prescription.
    yes sir.....

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    My knee(s) were killin' me from running too much, etc. I just took a pill every morning for about a week or two and they started feeling better. 'Nother week or two, they felt great (and I stopped running!).

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Thirty-five years on the tennis court, a touch of polio at a very young age and a family history of arthritis(especially gouty arthritis) really did me no favors in the joint department. ;)
    Serum uric acid levels were never particularly high when checked during a gout flare; but about a year ago , I started taking Hyaluronic Acid with krill oil AND started a pretty low dose of Allopurinol daily(I'm not crazy about taking drugs, but in this case...) I had given up Splenda about a year before, so I'm not completely sure which of these actions(or combinations) are having an effect. I am about 98% pain FREE...even the knees that 'they' wanted to replace about four years ago. I don't pound around on the tennis court any more(although I might return this fall); but I knock out 20-25 mile bicycle rides with no ill effects other than a sore bottom and general sleepiness after.

I never really saw a benefit to glucosamine and condroitin in either liquid or tablet form...'they' say we would need to take a ton of the stuff to see an effect...much more than the typical daily dose. I don't doubt that some folks have gotten relief from the 'joint' supplements; but the HA with the krill oil would get my vote for first non-prescription approach. Cutting out that evil sugar can also reduce inflammation, so they say.

Good luck!!!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It ain't sugar. I gave that up 15 years ago.
    Weird. At 17yo, my knees were agonizing. No comfort. Ever.
    I quit running. They quit hurting. My knees are still paon free.
    This "grip" stuff just kinda showed up.
    Years of cutting conductors with pliers are catching up with me, I'm afraid.

Keep the comments coming.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Too much advil can be rough on your liver. I've been dealing with gout for 18 years and that's the only thing besides being a little overweight that I do wrong. Liver doctor told me this the other day. He said to alternate between taking advil and Tylenol.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What Charlie and Greg said. Helps some. Need some myself.
    Some say eating gristle helps too. Or real gelatin.
    sent from an idgit coffeeholic

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Too much advil can be rough on your liver. I've been dealing with gout for 18 years and that's the only thing besides being a little overweight that I do wrong. Liver doctor told me this the other day. He said to alternate between taking advil and Tylenol.

Absolutely nothing other than Indomethacin has had a positive effect when I've experienced a gout flare. I used Advil and Aleve for other things; but Indocin has been the ONLY NSAID that would even touch my gout pain and inflammation.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Eaten up with it.
    Ain't easy, but part of still being around.
    Advil works best, but can't take it due to interaction with other med.
    So, Tylenol it is ... works OK, and much better than nothing.
    Pretty well killed my music, but what the hell...

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    A very good friend and former coworker of mine shared with me his secret of glucosamine. He enlisted in the Army pretty late in the game (43yrs old and just finished his first contract). Worked for me for knee pain in the past, and am about to test it out for shoulder pain.

Top Bottom