• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've broken nearly piece of my body at least once and with many parts, multiple times. Now, at 69, it's a race to see what part will kill me first. Every part takes a turn in causing misery!

Here are some things that really worked for me:

Glucosamine 1500mg. They work well but I'm very hesitant to take chemicals of any kind into my system so I quit taking them. Got the pills at Sams.

Magnets: Laugh if you want, but I've had terrific results from wearing magnets over painful areas. Some say that they didn't help. They darned sure help me! I have magnet wraps, gloves, boot insoles, knee braces, elbow braces, socks that cover any troublesome part that needs attention. The trouble with this damned stuff is that the pain moves around a lot so it requires many different wraps to keep up with it. I won't take drugs for the pain!

Edit: That's not exactly correct. I'll pop Neproxin or Aspirin on a rough day.

Copper bracelets etc: Never did a thing for me.

Training: Trained myself to bend my knees at night. I sleep on my side and every few minutes, I bend or extend my knees. It's very effective!

There were times when joint pain was so bad that I knew I couldn't go on. I got a TENS unit and later, several more TENS units for those impossible days. Tens units will knock that stuff out! About 5 years ago, I had a marathon run of kidney stones that laid me out! I took a TENS unit, put a patch on my appendix area and one patch over my kidney and shut that pain down! (It turned out that prescription medication was causing the stones). If you like pain....try kidney stones!

Bicycles: The knee load for me to ride a bike or my giant (6 foot) tricycle is only about 60 pounds. It beats running or jogging big time!

I broke several knuckles on the right hand, broke the side of my hand where the little finger joins, broke the left wrist, cracked the lower left arm bone and both sides of the collar bone. The end of the left ring finger was smashed off and three fingers on the right hand were scoured off to the bone. Yup, we know about extremity pain! Magnet gloves and wraps help a lot! Don't let the parts get too cold at night. Sometimes, I wear gloves in bed to keep the hands warm and PJ's to keep the arm joints warm.

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've got arthritis in my knee. Only hurts really bad when it's really cold, or raining, or about to rain. Since we went through about 6 months of that early this year, my BS radar shut down and I was willing to try anything.

I had gotten off the glucosamine/chondroitin. I tried flexsure first, which seemed to work but the pain came back so I added the glucosamine/chondroitin back in the diet. Next up was listening to my daughter and getting a copper bracelet with magnets and a necklace of baltic amber beads. She claims the baltic amber stopped the teething pains of her kids and swears by the stuff.

Can't really say what does what, but I can say my knee hasn't bothered me in 6 months. Not sure which piece is the key, so I'm sticking with all of them for now.

Top Bottom