Join TexasGunTalk

As if gun phobia wasn't enough...

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Texas1911, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp?s=8014006

What a big deal about a bullet. Carve it out, and eat the damn thing.

What do they think hunters do?

"Hello, FDA? Yeah, I shot this doe, and I found a bullet in it."

The lead poisoning is funny. The animal obviously survived with the lead bullet in it, but somehow their son is going to eat a bullet (he must be a snake) and die.

Classic example of overdramatic idiot parents. Oh no, my child! ... ugh. 100 years ago they would have told him to keep it as a souvenir, and to clean his plate.

2. Austin Cowart

Austin Cowart Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    wow this is exactly why i dont read or watch the news anymore! my God they will do anything to strike fear into people's hearts! What a bunch of BS!
    But the growth hormons that the cow has been given since birth are just fine! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I hate stupid news!

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Not to mention that they are feeding him meat with a reduced immune disorder. They think lead poisoning is going to get him, but forgo salmonella and e-coli as active threats.

Idiots.

4. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Looks like a .22LR round to me...

I had some duck that an uncle of mine shot once. Once I realized why there were lead pellets in the meat, I just made note not to bit down too hard and spat out a dozen or so of them by the time the meal was over.

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Put hair on your chest didn't it. :p

6. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I HATE stupid people... Oh hell! I guess that means I hate most people.

7. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I was a kid at the time, so ... clearly that's what made those hairs grow!

8. ReVrEnD_0341

ReVrEnD_0341 Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Amen. I got some equal opportunity hate going on these days. We really need to start educating the masses. This histeria/ lack of intelligence by the general population is getting out of hand. My ex who was a hunter no less, would not eat meat that had been shot with a gun. She too was afraid of lead poisoning. She had no problem feeding said "poisoned" meat to her 8 and 10 year old siblings. Stupid ****.

9. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Stop the madness!!

10. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    QFT. I haven't eaten store-bought beef for a year and a half now for this exact reason. I eat venison I shot myself, and occasionally some chicken and fish (none from China though). People that would complain about something like a little lead, but not see the problem with all the other crap pumped into commercially raised livestock need to get real.