• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It would take me all day to get sighted in. My first cold shot is always a flyer. If I had to cool the barrel after every shot, it would take a while.

When the barrel warms it comes right in where it is sighted. Hunting rifles must be inherently more accurate on the first shot than the scary black rifles that I normally shoot.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I will be heading out to ASC this morning.

Looks like it should be a beautiful day with light winds coming from the north for most of the morning.

Gobble, gobble.
    :turkey:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    ASC must be really busy. It sounds like a big firefight at my house... (without the FA weapons, or rockets) :)
    I can usually hear some muffled shots, but I guess some of trees that block the noise have lost their leaves.

It almost makes me want to pack up and head over there. I am afraid my fingers would get too numb from the cold.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of the Sunday regulars are there to get their shooting in since tomorrow's weather looks like a high chance of rain through most of the day.

I hit the Plinkathon at Bayou Rifles this morning so I got my shooting in for the weekend.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I committed TGT heresy an went to the "range that shall not be named" on Mason. It is close and I didn't have a lit of time. Got my daughter some time on the pistol.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Anybody heading out tomorrow morning?

I know it is going to be wet and muddy, but it is "supposed" to clear by 7:00, be sunny and in the high 50s to low 60s. Wind might be an issue. Starting at about 9:00 it will be out of the WSW at about 7mph, and shift to more SW and build to 12 by 11:00.

I haven't shot my HMR in a couple of weeks so I am heading out with that to the 100 yard line while my daughter shoots .22 at 50.

Hope to see some of y'all there.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    No dice for me. We have a major renovation project at work so I get to start my work week tomorrow.

Have fun and don't forget to post up some results!

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I thought for sure you would be out there Allen.

Work before play though. I suspect the short week b/c of Turkey Day is a factor as well. Good luck with the renovation.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    MK : Did they have anything in name that shall not be mentioned range showroom? It was almost empty the last time I was there.

You have to admit that it is a very nice range, for pistols and such...

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    MK : Did they have anything in name that shall not be mentioned range showroom? It was almost empty the last time I was there.

You have to admit that it is a very nice range, for pistols and such...
    It is a nice range for pistols and shooting .22lr without wind effects. I see no point in shooting AR's and such at such short distances.

It was pretty empty last weekend; however, before the s**t storm erupted I had "liked" them on Facebook. I saw a post around mid-week that they had just received a large shipment of inventory.

When I was there last weekend, they charged me for a lane for my daughter before realizing she was only 16. Apparently they want anyone under 18 supervised (shooting the same lane) by an "adult". Instead of refunding my card, they gave me a card for a free hour of range time. I will probably use it this week and will report back what I see.

tbaker3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Katy, TX
    Did they have anything in name that shall not be mentioned range showroom?

Wandered in there today (not by choice, my neighbor wanted to go). That place looks like what I imagine the old soviet empty store/food shelves might have looked like. The employees looked about as equally "happy" :p

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I'll be heading out to ASC tomorrow morning. Weather should be nice with relatively calm wind, just remember to bring your boots because I'm sure it will be muddy out there!

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The range was popping all afternoon. Must be a lot of people off. Even with the wind and cold it seemed busier than normal for a weekday.

Anyone for a Friday range trip to ASC?

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Nope. Not fat enough to appreciate the weather Jakashh.

IXLR8 - They are open until 5 tomorrow. It wasn't just muddy. I could see a pond in the 100 yard line. I was expecting some ducks to land any minute to feed.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia

Top Bottom