• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    So my father, still trying to get his hands on a bucket o' .22LR's gets in line at academy this morning at 7 am. He's 4th in line. As the store is opening, a woman walks up and stands next to someone who's either 1-3rd in line. There happen to be 4 buckets available. First guy buys one, then passes it to #6 in line. #2 buys one, as does #3 and the woman. Both state they are just going to resell them on gunbroker.

I understand first come first served, and he gets it as well, and thanks to some great people on this forum, he has a box of ammo so that he's not without, BUT, this kind of shit is just bad. The whole pass-off from #1 to #6 is what really got me. Karma's a bitch, and someday, I hope it'll catch up to them when they need something.

/endrant

Feel free to put this in rants section, but since it took place here in town, I figured I'd put it here.
    Lynx Defense

deftonesdea

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    i most likely would have done one of those movie-day-dreams where im like "NAH FCK THAT!" *knocks over some displays n stuff+kicks the guy in front of me in the stomach+gives him the stone cold stunner+slams two beers together n chugs em* ......and then *wakes up/snaps out of it.. still in line.. with the last of the ammo bein taken*

OlyMedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    You can't blame them for not enforcing the rules when they weren't notified the rules were being broken. This kind of crap really pushes my button, I would have called out every one of them and talked to the manager. Sure, it probably wouldn't have done any good that day. But a good public berating can go a long way. The indifference of good men...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Sorry to sound ignorant (which I mostly am) but what are these buckets of .22LR ammo at Academy at 7:00 a.m. you refer to? Which Academy?

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Dude, unless you raise holy hell, the 8 dollar an hour guy isn't going to make any waves by taking away ammo from someone... It's all who makes the less noise...

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    maybe on my day off i'll go by at 7-00 and buy what I can find. Then post it on here at cost.

OlyMedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    So the amount your paid controls your morals? That's bull honky. It's all who makes the less noise? eh? We're not stalking deer here.

The more you look the other way and allow people to get away with things the more likely they are to do it again. And the next time they will feel justified cause no one bothered to call them out. It just takes one person to speak up and I guarantee at least a 2 or 3 more from farther back in the line would have joined in.

Angeleyes

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I remember when i use to work at academy in 08 that my manager caught gun shop owners going in and clearing out the bulk ammo to resell at their store.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    As much as I dislike the line cutters and re-sellers, let's not raise hell over who gets sold ammo and who doesn't.
    The "other group" would love to see it regulated and we don't need to further their agenda.
    I'm all for courtesy and fairness, as long as it is self imposed.

OlyMedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    I have no issues with people buying to resell, that is supply and demand. If people are willing to pay the middle man the extra, then rock on, go capitalism. But people cutting in line behind a bunch of good people that have been waiting patiently, thats what I'm griping about.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I have no issues with people buying to resell, that is supply and demand. If people are willing to pay the middle man the extra, then rock on, go capitalism. But people cutting in line behind a bunch of good people that have been waiting patiently, thats what I'm griping about.

My only issue with this practice is when, rather than mark it up with a reasonable margin, it's marked up triple due to a panic market. This was being done in Lubbock by a particular gun store who had enough employees to basically corner the ammunition market in town.

RugerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Alamo Ammo makes there rounds at the Academy on Perrin Beitel and the Wal Mart on Austin Highway.. Atleast that's the word on the "streets" haha

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My only issue with this practice is when, rather than mark it up with a reasonable margin, it's marked up triple due to a panic market. This was being done in Lubbock by a particular gun store who had enough employees to basically corner the ammunition market in town.

Camp out, make them sit on the overpriced ammo. Just don't ask for help from any form of gov't. We all know where that will lead. And if enough people complain, the cry for help will be answered.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Camp out, make them sit on the overpriced ammo. Just don't ask for help from any form of gov't. We all know where that will lead. And if enough people complain, the cry for help will be answered.

No worries, sharpshooters won't ever get my business again. Or anyone else that I can convince.

Top Bottom