• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr_Nimslow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Paper form 1, Individual.

Mailed 08/10/18 before eforms came back on line.
    Check Cashed 08/18/18
    Approved 11/18/18
    Arrived 11/24/18

The form came back approved, without the canceled tax stamp attached. I returned it last Wednesday, it came back with the stamp today.

Just got a call from my dealer, that the 9mm Kraken suppressor I bought last month just showed up at his place, so I have to get the Form 4 started on that. And I'll be submitting an eform Form 1 to SBR another pistol next week.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Paper form 1, Individual.

Mailed 08/10/18 before eforms came back on line.
    Check Cashed 08/18/18
    Approved 11/18/18
    Arrived 11/24/18

The form came back approved, without the canceled tax stamp attached. I returned it last Wednesday, it came back with the stamp today.

Just got a call from my dealer, that the 9mm Kraken suppressor I bought last month just showed up at his place, so I have to get the Form 4 started on that. And I'll be submitting an eform Form 1 to SBR another pistol next week.

That was quick! My paper form 1 was received 08/06/18 and check cashed shortly after, but I’m still pending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Wonder if the ATF will use the government shut down as an excuse to not process forms. We were down to 5-6 months on our Form 4s and now it seems we're back up to 8 months. With the eForm 3s coming back almost instantly, and now the eForm1s taking just 7 days, and with SilencerShop's barcode system supposedly fully adopted, ... what's the excuse now? Underfunded with $20mm/yr in tax stamps?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Wonder if the ATF will use the government shut down as an excuse to not process forms. We were down to 5-6 months on our Form 4s and now it seems we're back up to 8 months. With the eForm 3s coming back almost instantly, and now the eForm1s taking just 7 days, and with SilencerShop's barcode system supposedly fully adopted, ... what's the excuse now? Underfunded with $20mm/yr in tax stamps?
    I read this, this morning.

NFA Examiners and their associates are deemed non-essential personnel and are not working during the shutdown. There is a skeleton crew of essential personnel that have been tasked with processing Form 5's for LE and Mil. If their workload permits, they are processing electronic Form 3's. There are currently no Form 4's or Form 1's being processed.

Some people have reported that the phones are being answered at NFA Division. This is factual. The essential personnel (agents, etc.) that have been assigned to the skeleton crew will answer the phone when they can. There are also contractors whose contracts are not affected by the shutdown, who are performing some duties. And while your questions may be answered on the phone (ex.: status of Form 4), the workload priority for *processing* forms is as described above.

Further, it appears as though the field offices are not being affected, for now. IOI's are still performing their duties and agents are still investigating their workload.

This information was confirmed by senior ATF officials.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read this, this morning.

NFA Examiners and their associates are deemed non-essential personnel and are not working during the shutdown. There is a skeleton crew of essential personnel that have been tasked with processing Form 5's for LE and Mil. If their workload permits, they are processing electronic Form 3's. There are currently no Form 4's or Form 1's being processed.

Some people have reported that the phones are being answered at NFA Division. This is factual. The essential personnel (agents, etc.) that have been assigned to the skeleton crew will answer the phone when they can. There are also contractors whose contracts are not affected by the shutdown, who are performing some duties. And while your questions may be answered on the phone (ex.: status of Form 4), the workload priority for *processing* forms is as described above.

Further, it appears as though the field offices are not being affected, for now. IOI's are still performing their duties and agents are still investigating their workload.

This information was confirmed by senior ATF officials.
    :banghead::boom:

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    I want to rant.... It's frustrating that I have a security clearance to work for the DOD with certain access to certain items but the damn ATF has to preform a "background check" for every NFA item I purchase. You'd think after the fingerprint BS it would've sped up the process. #RepealTheNFA /end rant.

Hahaha

Dr_Nimslow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016

Supposedly they have stopped processing everything except Form 3's and Govt/LEO stuff, due to the shutdown. I'm over three weeks on an efile Form 1, and I know another guy who is over six weeks for an efile Form 1. Apparently the efile forms are also subject to FBI background hell.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    I want to rant.... It's frustrating that I have a security clearance to work for the DOD with certain access to certain items but the damn ATF has to preform a "background check" for every NFA item I purchase. You'd think after the fingerprint BS it would've sped up the process. #RepealTheNFA /end rant.

Hahaha
    Don't feel bad. The ATF has to do a background check on me and I'm licensed by them! Nevermind my many other background checks (DOD, FBI, ATF, SEC/NASD, TxDPS) In fact, I discovered during my IOI inspection that I'm, in fact, not an FFL. My company (LLC) is. So when I want a regular gun for myself, I do a 4473 and a background check...on myself (actually, skip it because of my LTC, but treated the same way you are). How's that for moronic? When I buy a MG for the store from a person on a Form 4, it takes about 2-3 months to get approved. What exactly are they checking? I'm the mo-fo who's licensed to sell the damn thing.

Government borrows their logic from the liberals apparently.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Hahaha

Its like the moronic waiting period some states impose on people who literally have safes full of guns at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr_Nimslow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    I got a form 1 back approved yesterday.

E-filed, individual for an SBR.
    Submitted 12/11/2018, they had the prints 12/12/18. Government shutdown added 35 days.

Top Bottom