Military Camp

Atf rule banning private sales requires FFL rumored for fall.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I still would like to know how inflation factors in. Also, tax + shipping + FFL. For example, I buy something from GB for $500. Pay the 3% credit card fee that so many sellers have plus 8% sales tax I’m already at $550. $30 to ship plus $20 FFL and I’m in for $600. If I sell a year later for $550, am I selling at a $50 profit or a $50 loss?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    If govt is looking at it from a total GOGS perspective, then much of the stuff initially purchased through retail or that went through an FFL would be okay to resell without FFL assuming the seller has the store receipt. Prices I see listed mostly are =/< the new price and don’t take those extra charges into account. Your Academy or GB receipt covers that. If the requirement is based only on gun value when purchased, well, that is gonna grab a whole lot more transactions

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If the requirement is based only on gun value when purchased, well, that is gonna grab a whole lot more transactions
    Someone is going to insist, via tax court, that this is long term capital gains and not income.

Also, there will be suits to enjoin enforcement immediately.

IOW, this just creates another mess that will spend the next decade being sorted out by the courts.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Someone is going to insist, via tax court, that this is long term capital gains and not income.

Also, there will be suits to enjoin enforcement immediately.

IOW, this just creates another mess that will spend the next decade being sorted out by the courts.
    If only the SCOTUS had ruled that all gun control by government was a violation of the Constitution and therefore illegal.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If only the SCOTUS had ruled that all gun control by government was a violation of the Constitution and therefore illegal.
    If some organization like the FPC had existed back then, US v Miller would have been leveraged to achieve that goal pre-WW2.

Pisses me off every time I think about it.

Then I realize that the solid scholarship needed to fight this stuff in court wasn't finely tuned until Cramer and others started publishing, started back in the 1970s.

Situation is FUBAR, no matter how you look at it.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    You better just realize their intent is simply to abolish private ownership period, and secondarily Marxists also have the ability to long game....they'll take one bite at a time, forever to achieve what they want.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    The Democrat party has spent decades working towards making us their subjects and we have sucked at preventing it.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    What pisses me off the most are the Soros DA's across the country that just decide that if you're of a victim group you get prosecutorial leniency for gun crimes and deals are brokered behind the victim's families back.
    Meanwhile Joe Schmo that makes some money off of a gun that is no longer produced and has increased in value, is the criminal that gets hammered.

This country is so fooked right now and it won't get better IMO. These nutty woke authoritarians only seem to double down on stupid. They have to massage their emotions versus getting respectable outcomes........but it's their intentions that matter, my ass.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    You better just realize their intent is simply to abolish private ownership period
    Not true. It will be like concealed carry permits in San Franciso. Very select few will be allowed to posses firearms.

For decades, San Francisco has routinely turned away applications for concealed-carry weapon permits, known as CCWs, by citing a requirement that residents show "good cause" to need a gun

Top Bottom