• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    saw a few small groups who werent with us on both ranges. Wonder if any of them had sticky fingers

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I wondered that while there. had no problems walking away from something surrounded by the TGT group but some other patrons just gave me one of those uneasy feelings.

I'm also not used to having strangers around when I'm shooting so that could be part of the reason. Wonder what it would cost to simply take over the range for a day?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I really don't wanna believe they were stolen, but I also know how particular Aaron is with his gear. If he says he put them back in the bag, I believe him. That just sucks. 8 new 47d's are $264.00 approx off Wilson's site(I think I can get them cheaper from Brownells). Orbit up has offered 1 already. Anyone else want to chip in and help take the sting out of this for Aaron? I'm good for $50. Any size donation appreciated. I will accept paypal and pull the trigger. PM me for my paypal addy.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I can get 6 from Brownells for a little less than $200.00. Imagine that. I may even be able to dig up a 10% discount code. We're damn near half way there already.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    If we get another $130.00 raised by 5pm tomorrow, I will put on a Mexican Wrestling Mask on the 30th and duel Jakassh(in a terrorist suit) in a rimfire challenge like we did this weekend. I will wear the mask during my entire run- 10 shots. Donations to go to a good cause.

ETA- Something tells me ASC isn't going to let me do this. If they don't, I will absolutely do it at Hicksville.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I hope that you find the magazines. I had a thought...............

I was involved in "Combat Shooting" competition in Tulsa. Much of that involves dropping your mag, reloading and completing the course of fire. Of course, there were 1911 mags laying all over the ground after a match stage. I put pads on the magazine bases so they could drop freely without damage and engraved my name on each of my match magazines. Shooters are great folks and they'll make an effort to get your stuff back to you if you help them do that. I have my name on every piece of range gear, (except for the actual firearms) and that has paid off many times.

Flash

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    If we get another $130.00 raised by 5pm tomorrow, I will put on a Mexican Wrestling Mask on the 30th and duel Jakassh(in a terrorist suit) in a rimfire challenge like we did this weekend. I will wear the mask during my entire run- 10 shots. Donations to go to a good cause.

ETA- Something tells me ASC isn't going to let me do this. If they don't, I will absolutely do it at Hicksville.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

I was involved in "Combat Shooting" competition in Tulsa. Much of that involves dropping your mag, reloading and completing the course of fire. Of course, there were 1911 mags laying all over the ground after a match stage. I put pads on the magazine bases so they could drop freely without damage and engraved my name on each of my match magazines. Shooters are great folks and they'll make an effort to get your stuff back to you if you help them do that. I have my name on every piece of range gear, except for the actual firearms and that has paid off many times.

Flash

Don't worry Flash, we're having LOJACK installed on his new ones.

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx

I was involved in "Combat Shooting" competition in Tulsa. Much of that involves dropping your mag, reloading and completing the course of fire. Of course, there were 1911 mags laying all over the ground after a match stage. I put pads on the magazine bases so they could drop freely without damage and engraved my name on each of my match magazines. Shooters are great folks and they'll make an effort to get your stuff back to you if you help them do that. I have my name on every piece of range gear, (except for the actual firearms) and that has paid off many times.

Flash

I actually went thru all my AR mags last night and etched my initials in all my PMAGS in 4 places. I have a friend in Dallas that does laser etching and he said for $15 a magazine he'd etch whatever I wanted in my 1911 mags. So, when I restock some mags they're going off to get etched.

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    But seriously. We don't need a pool or anything going. I wanted to just check and see if anyone maybe grabbed them. I'm not looking for charaty or anything for these things. That's not how this should work.

Top Bottom