• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Houston
    This is a High Caliber Gun Show. Just an FYI... I just noticed this one is at Reliant and NOT at George Brown downtown like it usually is. Glad I double checked! I was almost headed downtown!!!
    DK Firearms

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It is smaller than their last show. The prices look good. When I left it was starting to fill up fast. The selection looks good, and some unusual pieces are available.
    I am not sure how they can do it, but they are selling pistol (carbine) gun stocks as paper weights (no paperwork). The claim was that the same item online required paperwork. I don't think you can have it and the gun that fits in in the same room, but I may be wrong.

Phat69

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Katy
    This is a High Caliber Gun Show. Just an FYI... I just noticed this one is at Reliant and NOT at George Brown downtown like it usually is. Glad I double checked! I was almost headed downtown!!!
    LOL it's a pretty crappy show, found a good deal on yugo 7.62

Marksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Houston
    I'll be heading out next Saturday, I am still looking for that 9mm Shield. I just got back from the show over at GRB and picked up rail covers with laser art work. One was with the Texas seal and the other was the 'come and take it'.

Did you find the 9mm Shield you were looking for? If so, how much were they wanting (if you don't mind me asking)? I didn't see any when I went. I was also hoping to see the new Springfield XD-S slim .45 cal, but didn't see any of those either.

It was a little smaller show than they usually are at the downtown convention center. Sometimes they're big, sometimes small. Not sure why it's smaller sometimes. I was surprised to see several Sig P938's still there. I thought that was a HOT item right now. I didn't expect to see any of those.

This is one of the few times I went to a gun show and didn't walk out with anything!!!!! How'd that happen?!?!!?!? :confused:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am not sure how they can do it, but they are selling pistol (carbine) gun stocks as paper weights (no paperwork). ... I don't think you can have it and the gun that fits in in the same room, but I may be wrong.
    First, are you sure they weren't selling carbine conversion kits that legally turn a pistol into a rifle? There's no problem with those. In fact, I've been looking for one to heft in person before buying. Example from Mech Tech:

legal_for_anybody_carbine_conversion.jpg

On the other hand, in the event they are selling just stocks that can be used to make a short-barrelled rifle, there's nothing wrong with buying such paperweights. And from their perspective, if you also own the pistol it fits, that's no problem, either. After all, it's the poor buyer who'll go to jail, not them.

Retailers with so little concern for the well-being of their customers are scum.

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    I went pretty much when it opened. Walked out with an XDm-9 Compact... pretty decent deal, but I could've sworn it was even cheaper when I went to the show a few months ago .... I also got some extra stuff (ammo, mags, and an ammo can) but that was it. I was REALLY hoping I had enough money left to also get an AK, since that's next on my short list, but nothing was close to my price range so i suppose ill save my money and wait another day.... all in all it was an ok show IMO

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I got a Mosin. All numbers matching and marked with a hammer and sicle. Ive heard a lot of bad about mosin actions. The bolts SMOOOTH as butta.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    First, are you sure they weren't selling carbine conversion kits that legally turn a pistol into a rifle? There's no problem with those. In fact, I've been looking for one to heft in person before buying. Example from Mech Tech:

legal_for_anybody_carbine_conversion.jpg

If that thing works well with a Slide Fire, I'll wind up with one.

On the other hand, in the event they are selling just stocks that can be used to make a short-barrelled rifle, there's nothing wrong with buying such paperweights. And from their perspective, if you also own the pistol it fits, that's no problem, either. After all, it's the poor buyer who'll go to jail, not them.

Retailers with so little concern for the well-being of their customers are scum.

I saw the carbing stock for pistols too it looked like a roni kind of.
    EMA-RONI-CONVERSION.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Greenville
    Plan on going to the gun show today, as I'm in town for the week. Any other gun shows are bigger than the Abilene gun shows.

Not looking for anything in particular, maybe just some odds and ends, ammo can (if cheap enough) and maybe a blood type key chain. Maybe a sling or strap for my 10/22.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Greenville
    Is the show worth the price of admission? Thinking about going there today.

Cant really beat 8 bucks either way you look at it. Cheaper than the movies, may not be a movie out you want to see, almost too hot for the beach (note: boobies are at the beach) but 8 bucks, A/C, some food, and loads of guns......really? There's a choice? Lol

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Mike,
    just an fyi
    some Mosin 91-30's shoot about 8 to 10 inches high at 100 yards. The front sight post is too short.

Thanks man. Going to de-crapolene it this week I hope. I'm still really surprised by how smooth the action on this particular mosin is. Doesn't seem to have too much cosmolene(spelling) either, and no signs of rust. This guy had them for 119 and a guy 2 isle over had them for 160 and they didn't look as good.

Top Bottom