• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    Expect a real upswing in auto burglaries. Licensee goes up to a business see's a 30.07 and maybe a 30.06 sign. Doesn't have any choice but return to his vehicle and stow the firearm. Parking lot urchins are running over one another to see who gets to the vehicle first. I know the argument "just don't go in or take your business somewhere else". I can also see circumstances where those are not options or people won't exercise them. Disclaimer: These were the opinions of three veteran Houston area law enforcement officers expressed during a discussion we had earlier this week. hardcase60
    Guns International

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No, they wont. That's hyperbole.

I'll believe it when I (don't) see it. HEB, Whole Foods, Central Market, Fiesta, and Randall's are all posting the signs. Target and Costco plan to as well. I'd be extremely surprised if little mom & pop stores don't post them in this city, unwilling to be labeled as anti-Austin by the general public here if they don't

There's Walmart, but they've already said they will stop you at the door and call a manager to check your license; So as long as you don't mind wasting 10 minutes to walk in the door, then I guess you can call Walmart accepting of OC.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You still shop in Austin? I stopped buying groceries in Austin because of the stupid bag ban.

Luckily, I live close enough to the city limits that I can shop outside Austin without much hassle. Of course, the only grocery stores around there are places I mentioned previously.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    There's Walmart, but they've already said they will stop you at the door and call a manager to check your license; So as long as you don't mind wasting 10 minutes to walk in the door, then I guess you can call Walmart accepting of OC.

Wal-mart is full of shit. That's propaganda to cool the anti's. I've been to Walmart several times since OC started here and have had question zero.

My answer to Walmart would be "no, I won't show you my license." If they ask me to leave because of that I will, then I'll notify their risk management department of the risk they're exposing unarmed, unarmored employees to by having them walk up to people with guns and ask if they're legal.

What if the answer is no... and it escalates? OSHA wouldn't like that.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Wal-mart is full of shit. That's propaganda to cool the anti's. I've been to Walmart several times since OC started here and have had question zero.

My answer to Walmart would be "no, I won't show you my license." If they ask me to leave because of that I will, then I'll notify their risk management department of the risk they're exposing unarmed, unarmored employees to by having them walk up to people with guns and ask if they're legal.

What if the answer is no... and it escalates? OSHA wouldn't like that.

I was with you until OSHA.

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    A buddy of mine runs a print shop in town. He said they've received plenty of request for quotes on 30.07 signs but when they tell them it runs about $60 per sign they never hear back.

Took that as a decent sign. (Pun fully intended.)

Slumber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2015
    A buddy of mine runs a print shop in town. He said they've received plenty of request for quotes on 30.07 signs but when they tell them it runs about $60 per sign they never hear back.

Took that as a decent sign. (Pun fully intended.)

That explains all the cheap bastards trying to get by with 8"X11" sheets of paper.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Expect a real upswing in auto burglaries. Licensee goes up to a business see's a 30.07 and maybe a 30.06 sign. Doesn't have any choice but return to his vehicle and stow the firearm. Parking lot urchins are running over one another to see who gets to the vehicle first. I know the argument "just don't go in or take your business somewhere else". I can also see circumstances where those are not options or people won't exercise them. Disclaimer: These were the opinions of three veteran Houston area law enforcement officers expressed during a discussion we had earlier this week. hardcase60

This alone might make the $200 ticket worth it.....

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Matts El Rancho in Austin has the 30.07 sign inside the building on the left side of the entryway. I had to look all over for it since I heard they were posted. I talked to a supervisor of some kind and informed him the sign needs to go outside since the only the way to get notice is after you entered the premise. He understood, but people higher than him made the decision and if someone comes carrying open they will tell them to not open carry. I told him if it was outside people could decide to eat elsewhere prior to entering.

Stupid, but their house, their rules.....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Matts El Rancho in Austin has the 30.07 sign inside the building on the left side of the entryway. I had to look all over for it since I heard they were posted. I talked to a supervisor of some kind and informed him the sign needs to go outside since the only the way to get notice is after you entered the premise. He understood, but people higher than him made the decision and if someone comes carrying open they will tell them to not open carry. I told him if it was outside people could decide to eat elsewhere prior to entering.

Stupid, but their house, their rules.....

Notice can be give prior to or after entering. ;)

Top Bottom