• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm really wanting to get out and do a little bit of shooting this week and I'd like to do this with some TGTers. Whose up for it?
    Wednesday morning 10am BOTW. We get a tactical bay (open bay out to between 50 and 75 yards, depending on what is available).

Specifically, I am planning to do some handgun and rifle training drills. Draw and shoot. Multiple targets. Using the timer to work draw speed, followup shot speed, reloads, etc. Rifle drills as well. Friendly competition on the times is always good. But some just plain plinking for fun can be done as well. Those who attend decide.

Who is in? If we can get at least 3 of us going, we'll make it happen.

They charge $16 each to get out on the bay and give you a minimum of 2 hours time on the bay. In the past, I have never had an issue being out there longer than that on a Wednesday. I just called and verified that they are open and won't have any of their tactical bays reserved for any upcoming competitions. The bays are first come, first served, but again, never had an issue with getting a bay at that time of day before.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Ammo concerns (if you are thinking about it, but ammo holding you back)

- I've got some 9mm Tula I can sell to whoever attends and needs it $.25 per round.
    - When I run drills, I don't believe in 10 shot strings for the most part. Drills are setup to use minimum ammo for the skills we practice. When doing them this way and going back and forth with another person or two, you don't kill a bunch of ammo.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Mic, I think I'm in as of right now. Unless some miracle happens and I get another interview.

Sent carelessly from Joe Biden's balcony

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    No. They have target bases and will usually have one target setup for you. I'll bring a handful of 1"x2"x6" pieces wood and cardboard. You can bring some targets, but I'll also be bringing my paper IDPA targets for us to use. If anybody has steel targets and wants to bring them, go for it.

Come to think of it, I may buy one of those resealable targets for us to use and see how they work.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I just saw that it's about an hour drive for me from Steiner Ranch. If anyone wants to tag along, that's on the way, I'll pick you up.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    I don't get off until noon this wednesday, but I'll meet y'all for lunch afterwards if you're interested.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Man it's really tempting to take off Wednesday. I have to take a half day anyway, so the thought of hitting the range for a couple hours with y'all sounds great. Not sure I'll be able to, though. Maybe next time.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I'd say I'm about 10% at this point. Gotta drop the cancer-fighting pup at the vet's and see the chiro-doc for me that AM. I'm 35 miles away at that point...It'll just depend on the scheduling .

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I don't get off until noon this wednesday, but I'll meet y'all for lunch afterwards if you're interested.

That sounds great, but I'm not sure what time we'll be off at. I've had these Wed shoots go as last as 3pm. Kind of depends on how busy they are (if they kick us out after 2 or 4 or 5 hours) and how long everybody else wants to shoot.

PM me your number and I'll give you a call when we get out if I'm not dead tired (since I work the night before).

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Man it's really tempting to take off Wednesday. I have to take a half day anyway, so the thought of hitting the range for a couple hours with y'all sounds great. Not sure I'll be able to, though. Maybe next time.

Take it off. Never known a dying man to say, "Damn, if only I'd worked a few more days instead of getting out and spending some good times with friends or family."

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    You need a holster for a Glock 19, right? I know it won't be your new holster, but I can spot you a holster to work out of.

Yessir. I appreciate that and will definitely take you up on your offer. I'll get some trigger time with the VG2 for good measure, but it's such a hassle to train with for long periods of time.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    How many do we have so far ? I'm gonna try to get off work so I can attend as well. I'm thinking about bringing a k100(STI gp6), my CZ75 and a VZ58 rifle. It's still pretty much a coin toss as to whether I attend or not but it sounds like a lot of fun. If anyone wants to witness the accuracy of my 10/22, I might bring it as well.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    How many do we have so far ? I'm gonna try to get off work so I can attend as well. I'm thinking about bringing a k100(STI gp6), my CZ75 and a VZ58 rifle. It's still pretty much a coin toss as to whether I attend or not but it sounds like a lot of fun. If anyone wants to witness the accuracy of my 10/22, I might bring it as well.

I'm counting 2: Mic and I.

Top Bottom