Not open for further replies.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This is the most important part of his argument:
    "A permit is the best way for me to verify whether a person is prohibited..."
    He'll only be satisfied until you have to have a permit to walk down his streets. "Papers, please!"

Oh, and you gotta love how he starts his argument off with something that has nothing to do with the subject just to invoke some emotional response (the kid "accidentally" taking a gun to school).

ShootTheBreeze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Round Rock, TX
    Sorry, i will be unavailable until end of the month, due to training sessions I have to attend.
    Big Dipper is heading north and coach plays pickleball. So just make a call and see who shows up.
    STB.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Ah, I thought that side of Parmer along Avery Ranch Blvd was in CP, not Austin.

Pretty much the crick(Brushy Creek) defines the border between Austin and Cedar Park in this area, putting every square inch of Avery Ranch proper within the City of Austin. To the west, Bell Blvd is more or less the boundary and to the east, Great Oaks is more or less the first 'main' street in the Round Rock ETJ. City of Austin knew just what they were doing when they made sure the future 4000 homes of Avery Ranch would be included in the annexation(Homes range from ~$225k condos to homes over $800k...cha-CHING!).

The City Council District map gives a good look at the boundaries(including some odd ETJ areas and really squiggly lines between the various cities)...http://www.austintexas.gov/GIS/CouncilDistrictMap/

The Jurisdictions map looks like a really nightmarish jigsaw puzzle!
    http://www.austintexas.gov/GIS/JurisdictionsWebMap/

Last edited:

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Sorry, i will be unavailable until end of the month, due to training sessions I have to attend.
    Big Dipper is heading north and coach plays pickleball. So just make a call and see who shows up.
    STB.

I actually might be available this week as a Pickleball tournament is being held at my usual venue. There is a group at another location in the afternoon, so I look forward to possibly attending the GunGroup lunch this week...

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Uneventful.

1,395 miles and 22.5 hrs (spread over three days) of watching Spring in reverse; some trees are leafless still, daffodils, tulips and trilliums in full bloom here.

Waxahache to McKinney is a royal PITA though!!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    What time are we gathering at Mongo on 19MAY17??
    (I'll be in Austin for a month, starting today.)

yours, satx

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom