• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paidfor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Anyone planning to go to the Austin Gun show this weekend? Especially after the comments from the last one? I might go but am looking for one type gun alone. I will go in and get out fast and will be looking for a good deal. Would rather buy one on line from an individual though
    Capitol Armory ad

Flash Ninja

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dunno. Maybe. I had planned on trying to sell a rifle there but might list it in classified instead. GTs is having a sale this weekend so may check them out tomorrow.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    We'll be there too, holding our breath and hoping any ADs will not make it to our table. We're leaving to setup, I'm guessing there will be something new for the vendors when we get there.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If the weather wasn't going to be so bad, I'd contemplate it. The AD from last month wouldn't stop me from attending, as long as the idiot that caused it is no longer allowed at the show. Stuff like that happens (and it happened at a SA SAXET show as well), it's no reason to not go; but the bad weather will most likely keep us home (speaking of which, this afternoon we flew from Houston to SA and couldn't land, so we went back to Houston. After an hour on the ground, we flew back to SA again and was able to land; so I've had my fill of traveling for the time being...).

Cheers! M2

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Well, the bad weather didn't seem to keep many people at home today. It was as crowded as I've ever seen it. There seemed to be more AK's today than last month, so I got to do a lot of comparisons, and that made me happy. Prices were what they were - some decent, some not so much, but based on a few haggling attempts I overheard it didn't seem like the vendors were budging. Based on the lines at the paperwork tables, they didn't have to.

No parakeet dealer today. Darn. Actually, it seemed like there was less jewelry & non-gun trinket stuff than usual, maybe because there was a jewelry and bead show in a different building on the grounds.

Overall a pretty decent show.

A word of warning. TXDOT has 183 closed between basically I-35 and Loyola due to construction on the 290 overpasses. Avoid that route if you can. Based on another errand I ran this morning, I went to the show on 290 to Decker Lane (near the new toll road) and had no problems, but I came out on Loyola and took a right (north) on 183 and got stuck in a major cluster-* when they rerouted us through the feeder roads.

paidfor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Good to know about the road closure. I am running out to Bastrop in the morning and plan on stopping by the gun show in the afternoon to see if I can find the gun that I want.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Went Saturday, there from 10:30 to noon, crowded, less crap, more gun stuff. Was there mostly killing time, cheap entertainment for $7 (parking and admission).

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Went yesterday....tons of AR's for sale.....decent show, good sized crowd and affordable to park/enter....I hafta say tho, I dont see any price breaks on guns there as I would at McBrides or Heritage so whats the point of a gun show then? There were good prices on some things, 5.11 pants to be exact, but not even on Ammo....oh well...

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Very productive show for me! Glad to see more tables with true gunshow items, and not so much crap.. Sold both AR's, and found a knife I've been trying to buy at a descent price for years now (greber lmf old style with saw teeth back) thing is mint! Anyone see the big 300 wsm with green laminated stock, and SS barrel towards the front? I almost traded both AR's for it lol.. He had it marked $2300.00.. Didn't know enough about it to know if it was a good deal or not.. So I passed this time around, and sold both guns 2 mins later.. And of course the obligatory turkey stop on the way out the door.. Great show!

20120219_151753.jpg

20120219_151728.jpg

paidfor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Well, I never made it to the gun show. Bought what I wanted off of a local fellow in Round Rock. Got a heck of a deal with night sights to boot!

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Did anyone who went to the show catch the info for the guy on the floor isles, near the back end (blue wall) about one aisle to the right of center...he was selling some 5.11 pants and belts and more tactical clothing than anything....?? forgot to grab a card or info from him....thanks if so!

Top Bottom