• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flash Ninja

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well I ended up going. Took my fiancee. Picked up two class 3-a bullet proof vests for fiancée and myself. Friend picked up a used Kahr PM9 for 400. Not a bad show at all. I have been to the big show in Dallas and gotta say Austin Saxet Show is much better.
    Texas SOT

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I went on Sat... meh. Didn't see anything worth making an offer on and everything was at least 10% overpriced. Makes me think I need to setup my own table

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    That was a great price on that kahr. Did it come with the box and two mags? I just paid $450 for a lnib a week or two ago. I'm on the hunt to trade my xdsc40 for a pm40 or metal frame 40 too. Love the conceilability and the decent trigger on the kahrs.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Hmm.. I'd split a table with ya.. Lol..
    Ha, well I've already talked to a couple of my buddies about it. I think we're going to do it on the next one. I think it might really be the best way to get the most out of a show. You get in on the horse trading that goes on during dealer setup, and with the current market selling just one gun should cover the cost the table.

Anyone ever work a show before? Got any tips?

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Ha, well I've already talked to a couple of my buddies about it. I think we're going to do it on the next one. I think it might really be the best way to get the most out of a show. You get in on the horse trading that goes on during dealer setup, and with the current market selling just one gun should cover the cost the table.

I'm just sayin, more people maybe get two tables, more eyes on the merchandise, more ways to split the cost... Just makes sense.... Plus more merchandise to make the setup more attractive to a larger audience, which means more people spend more time at said tables, which could translate to More Money... Just sayin...

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin

Sure, I've got a few. Bring a comfortable chair. Bring your own lunch, jerky won't cut it. Make sure that selling at price (i.e. 10% under what you thought was overpriced) covers your time. Be ready for tire-kicking and fantastic conspiracy theories coming your way.

Flash Ninja

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That was a great price on that kahr. Did it come with the box and two mags? I just paid $450 for a lnib a week or two ago. I'm on the hunt to trade my xdsc40 for a pm40 or metal frame 40 too. Love the conceilability and the decent trigger on the kahrs.

It was with one mag but appeared shot very little.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Well I ended up going. Took my fiancee. Picked up two class 3-a bullet proof vests for fiancée and myself. Friend picked up a used Kahr PM9 for 400. Not a bad show at all. I have been to the big show in Dallas and gotta say Austin Saxet Show is much better.

Wow, the show in Dallas must be horrible.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom