DK Firearms

Austin Liberal Whinging About High Taxes.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There's no escaping it IMO. I have a friend in GT who's in the same boat. Williamson taxes ^^^ 2 years in a row. We protested. The three member board voted to dismiss. TOTAL waste of time. Totally fixed in the city/county's favor. WE had comps.

Interesting. I missed the deadline to protest this year unfortunately but, my taxes in Williamson just went about by ~17-20%, which is ridiculous.
    Venture Surplus ad

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Thanks, gents for the suggestions, but, nope, ain't happening!

If I am going to go through the expense and hassle of packing everything up I am not going to move just a few miles. I am moving to the mountains.

How about, sell, make a nice profit and move to (insert here*) instead?

*Bozeman, Missoula, West Yellowstone, Idaho Falls, Ogden, or any of the nearby smaller towns

Nice to see I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind moving to the mountains lol.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Interesting. I missed the deadline to protest this year unfortunately but, my taxes in Williamson just went about by ~17-20%, which is ridiculous.

you might as well poke your eyes out. at least that way you can actually claim you did something. Protesting to the rigged 3 person board is counter productive. It's in their best interest to "deny" no matter how good your comps are.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Well, I get that. I'm actually from Montana, just happen to be living in Bastrop.

You can't beat Whitefish, Montana. A little slice of Heaven
    Every year we'd go hunting in the Flathead Valley which is right on the B.C. - Montana border in Canada and we always took a trip to Polebridge and C Falls for a few beers and to say "Howdy" to the barkeep there. It got so he knew we were coming every year and would stock up on our favorite beer. Love Montana!

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    That's almost funny, all the yuppies, "out of towner's" buy up the poor peoples homes on the "east side" & "south side" of Austin, forcing the taxes up to where all the older "fixed income" families can't afford their retirement homes. Now the taxes are becoming too much for them and they start crying "injustice"! Gentrification at its best and the city just keeps profiting while the lower/middle class just keep losing. Karma.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    you might as well poke your eyes out. at least that way you can actually claim you did something. Protesting to the rigged 3 person board is counter productive. It's in their best interest to "deny" no matter how good your comps are.

Well, I have an appraisal and the measured livable square footage is roughly 100sqft less than what's on CAD records, so that should be kind of irrefutable to get them to come down at least a bit.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    While not Williamson county, my parents use a service in Harris county to dispute their taxes. Someone goes to bat for you and you don't pay unless they get your taxes lowered. Fortunately down here in Hays I have not had to deal with that yet which seems odd. My first two years were protected by what I bought the house for which admittedly was a damn good deal and the house is probably worth 20% more than we paid for it but our taxes for now the third year we've been here did not go up. I cant imagine Williamson going up due to a liberal mindset so is it just greed by the county and cities?

A lot of the problems in Austin are rooted in all the retarded programs they've done but Im not aware of any 12 million dollar boardwalks on the water or billion dollar rail systems up there.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    While not Williamson county, my parents use a service in Harris county to dispute their taxes. Someone goes to bat for you and you don't pay unless they get your taxes lowered. Fortunately down here in Hays I have not had to deal with that yet which seems odd. My first two years were protected by what I bought the house for which admittedly was a damn good deal and the house is probably worth 20% more than we paid for it but our taxes for now the third year we've been here did not go up. I cant imagine Williamson going up due to a liberal mindset so is it just greed by the county and cities?

A lot of the problems in Austin are rooted in all the retarded programs they've done but Im not aware of any 12 million dollar boardwalks on the water or billion dollar rail systems up there.

"my parents use a service in Harris county to dispute their taxes." I've heard aout that. maybe it was you who told me ?!? someone told me about it within the last 2 months. IMO the Williamson county lib population is growing with the influx from Cali, Mass, NY, Ausin (lol) etc etc.

Top Bottom