Austin Meet & Greet at Lone Star - 10/25/08

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by Texas1911, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Alright guys. I called Matt and he is cool with everyone coming out. If you are not familiar with Lone Star, they have two pistol firing lines with yardage varying to 25 Yards, and one 100 Yard Rifle line. They have plenty of parking at the entrance.

When

October 25th - Saturday

Range opens at 9 AM and there will be a 1 Hr. CHL qualification starting at 1 PM which will occupy one of the pistol firing lines.

We are planning to arrive at Noon, shoot and chat, then head to Blacks BBQ afterwards for dinner.

Cost

There is a $5 registration fee for first timers. All-day shooting is $12. 1-year memberships can be purchased for $65.

What is Lone Star

Lone Star is an outdoor firing range located near Lockhart, TX. for long-guns and pistols.

Lone Star allows drawing from holsters, rapid fire, drills, etc. so long as you are safe. FMJ is allowed, but I am not sure about tracer, AP, Incendiary. Best to leave the fancy stuff at home so we don't set the range on fire, literally.

Full auto is not allowed due to berm constraints. Other items such as SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, etc. are allowed. Be sure to bring your tax stamps!

How to get to Lone Star

Lone Star Gun Range Directions

3795 Dry Creek Rd.
    Lockhart, TX 78644

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map -- Enter the above address, and your address, for specific directions.

This is a collaborative event with TexasCHLforums. See their thread here: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19188

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well I am going, of course. ;)

3. rodbender

rodbender Active Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I'll be there. I'm in Elgin if anyone needs a ride.

4. Furyataurus

Furyataurus Active Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    I'm definitely going!

5. Dj Protege

Dj Protege New Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Austin
    I'm a new member to the forum and was wondering if that's enough to go to the meet & shoot? If so I'm in.

6. sturgis

sturgis New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    North Austin
    Lone Star + the smell of gunpowder + Blacks BBQ = Okey Dok!

7. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    how long do you plan on being there? I might try and make it after drill.

8. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Heck yeah, come on over! :)

I'm planning on being there pretty much all day. I'll probably get there around 11am or 12pm or so.

9. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have already cleared my schedule to make it down there, so I'll see you guys there!

10. NcongruNt

NcongruNt New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Austin
    We'll be there until probably 5 or 6, then we're going to Black's for dinner.