• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Alright guys. I called Matt and he is cool with everyone coming out. If you are not familiar with Lone Star, they have two pistol firing lines with yardage varying to 25 Yards, and one 100 Yard Rifle line. They have plenty of parking at the entrance.

When

October 25th - Saturday

Range opens at 9 AM and there will be a 1 Hr. CHL qualification starting at 1 PM which will occupy one of the pistol firing lines.

We are planning to arrive at Noon, shoot and chat, then head to Blacks BBQ afterwards for dinner.

Cost

There is a $5 registration fee for first timers. All-day shooting is $12. 1-year memberships can be purchased for $65.

What is Lone Star

Lone Star is an outdoor firing range located near Lockhart, TX. for long-guns and pistols.

Lone Star allows drawing from holsters, rapid fire, drills, etc. so long as you are safe. FMJ is allowed, but I am not sure about tracer, AP, Incendiary. Best to leave the fancy stuff at home so we don't set the range on fire, literally.

Full auto is not allowed due to berm constraints. Other items such as SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, etc. are allowed. Be sure to bring your tax stamps!

How to get to Lone Star

Lone Star Gun Range Directions

3795 Dry Creek Rd.
    Lockhart, TX 78644

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map -- Enter the above address, and your address, for specific directions.

This is a collaborative event with TexasCHLforums. See their thread here: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19188
    Capitol Armory ad

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Do they have good sweet tea at Blacks? I really like the sweet tea from TX Roadhouse and was wondering if Blacks was just as good or better. After I go to the range I'll demolish a pitcher of sweet tea!!!

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    I'll be working at John's Guns in Bastrop that day so John can go to the F'burg gun show. He will take most of the guns with him but if you Elgin guys need to pick up some ammo stop by on the way.

I'll be having the boss is away special. Every thing left in the shop is double half price.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'll be working at John's Guns in Bastrop that day so John can go to the F'burg gun show. He will take most of the guns with him but if you Elgin guys need to pick up some ammo stop by on the way.

I'll be having the boss is away special. Every thing left in the shop is double half price.

Priceless

I will be working that day but will try to get there after I get done.

NcongruNt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Austin
    I'm considering bringing some mil-surp rifles. I'm probably going to bring my M91/30 and if I can find my ammunition for it my K31.

Yeah, 7.5 Swiss ammo is sometimes difficult stuff to find. If I recall correctly, Tex-Guns (on Manachaca Rd, north of Stassney) carries it, though I don't know what it runs for there. If you're out near Brenham (or want to make the trip), Ammunition To Go carries some match grade stuff for around 50 cents/round. They are fine with in-person purchases, just give them a call to make sure they'll be there.

7.5X55 SWISS : Ammunition To Go

The only other place I know of to buy it is Cabela's, where Wolf Gold will cost you $16/box.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, 7.5 Swiss ammo is sometimes difficult stuff to find. If I recall correctly, Tex-Guns (on Manachaca Rd, north of Stassney) carries it, though I don't know what it runs for there. If you're out near Brenham (or want to make the trip), Ammunition To Go carries some match grade stuff for around 50 cents/round. They are fine with in-person purchases, just give them a call to make sure they'll be there.

7.5X55 SWISS : Ammunition To Go

The only other place I know of to buy it is Cabela's, where Wolf Gold will cost you $16/box.

I've got maybe 3 boxes of GP11 and two unopened boxes of Wolf Gold, I just have to find them. When I get my reloading bench set back up I need to get some powder and some more projectiles. I've got 100 new Graf cases but not the correct powder for that cartridge.

NcongruNt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Austin
    Ooh! Does that mean we're going to have some sort of competition?

I had not considered that, but it certainly sounds like fun!

Hmm... what kind of contest should we have?

25yd Mousegun bullseye?
    100yd Mosin-Nagant sharpshooting?
    50yd 12ga. slug bullseye?

Oh the possibilities....

Top Bottom