Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can understand the officer asking you to step out. The officer did not do that in the case in the thread. He grabbed her and swung her around like a rag doll.
    Well, sort of.

He asked her to stand up while simultaneously reaching for her. In other words, he gave an order then initiated the use of force instantly, without giving her time to comply. It was quite clear that the order to get out of the vehicle ("Stand up for me, OK?") was given purely by rote; he had decided to use force as soon as she talked ("Could you please hurry up?") instead of putting her feet inside the car.
    DK Firearms

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    There's my problem. I can understand the officer asking you to step out. The officer did not do that in the case in the thread. He grabbed her and swung her around like a rag doll.

How he did that without pulling his back...

Her struggling had something to do with that "ragdoll" thing. Her struggling/spinning added to the momentum and their going to the ground was not fully controlled, but had an aspect of falling as well. Not what it first seems.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by zincwarrior
    I can understand the officer asking you to step out. The officer did not do that in the case in the thread. He grabbed her and swung her around like a rag doll.
    Well, sort of.

He asked her to stand up while simultaneously reaching for her. In other words, he gave an order then initiated the use of force instantly, without giving her time to comply. It was quite clear that the order to get out of the vehicle ("Stand up for me, OK?") was given purely by rote; he had decided to use force as soon as she talked ("Could you please hurry up?") instead of putting her feet inside the car.
    Thats how it looked to me as well.

He had every right to put his hands on her, due to her actions. When you take someone out of the car you use force; if you have to drag them out, so be it.
    Why? That immediately escalates the situation. I understand if the officer is concerned about a weapon or trying to eat evidence for example, but otherwise why not the usual please step out of the car? That seems intentionally...dumb. Again as an old fart I see it ripe for opportunities to pull your back (Hey when your back and hips get messed up in a car wreck this is a serious concern...). I think I solved the problem. If all police officers had back problems none of this would happen. We're not pulling anyone.

Probably a lot more tasering though. :)

Swinging her around "like a rag doll" seems to bother you, but he got her out of the car quickly without hurting her.
    From that video I see no evidence that she was not hurt. Why did he take her to ground in the first place?
    Frankly this looks like the PoPo got angry for some reason and lost his cool.

Here's how I would have handled it.
    1. Pulls car over.
    2. Realizes its 101 degrees outside.
    3. Hits the sirens and says "woop got to go!" and goes to find some air conditioning.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    On a positive note she didn't get shot.
    ...or raped!

Last edited by benenglish; 07-24-2016 at 01:57 PM. Reason: I think I would have pissed off both sides.
    That usually happens when you are right.

I once forgot what I was told in driver's ed and got out of my car after being pulled over. I leaned against the car and had my license and insurance in hand, clearly displayed, before the officer got out of his vehicle. I was relaxed and non-confrontational.
    I grew up in Louisiana and ever single time I was pulled over in that state (by locals and state troopers) I was told to get out of the car. I thought that's how it was supposed to be done. First time I was pulled over in another state I did as you said above and it made the cop really jumpy and pissed off. Always just sat still and waited for commands to come after that. I still don't understand why that seemed to be SOP in Louisiana.

**** Acevedo! He needs to go back to California and juggle Caitlyn Jenner's balls...
    :laughing:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Not what happened, but oh well, I tried. Like I was told in the academy, if you want to be loved, join the fire department.
    Bob

We disagree on what happened. Considering the blowup that has occurred, I'd proffer a whole lot of people disagree with what you think happened. And thats ok.

Like they told me in school, if you want to be hated, be a banker. So I did. :)

No Justice! No Peas! No Justice! No Peas!

(mmm black eyed peas, with bacon and butter, so hungry now!)

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    APD chief threw his officers under the bus. That will be great for department morale.
    He does it daily....morale is already horrendously low and I don't blame em!

Hard enough for cops to do their jobs these days, let alone when the head guy uses them every chance he gets to try and gain political points with thugs...

Sent from...wait where am I!?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Arguing is noncompliance when the person is under arrest
    It appeared in this case she didn't argue during the arrest as she was immediately pulled out of the car and pinwheeled into the ground.

For those saying thats standard policy-er on what planet is that acceptable? Are you going to pinwheel grandma into the concrete too?

Top Bottom