• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Do they know we are coming? Can we expect any sort of price break? As I have never been there, is there an area we can sit and talk/BBQ, etc. away from the shooting?

Plenty of room, and pricing is very reasonable. Matt, who runs the place, is a cool dude and let's us have fun.
    Texas SOT

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    For those that went to SA meet you know about the history im bringing out, for those that didnt ive got a collection you might want to look at when you get there. And just like at the SA meet anything i bring out (except the one pistol even i dont shoot) can be shot by anyone that asks.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    For anyone that is new to pistols and/or wants some tips ... I'll be glad to help them.
    I'm going to have my friend I'm bringing take you up on that. She already has her CHL, but she only just bought her first handgun this past weekend. I helped her out a bit with it, but she could really benefit from more professional instruction. Hell, I could benefit from more professional instruction

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Looks like Texas 1911 is going to get swamped with pistol training, i can help take some of the load off it needed and i will also train with rifles if anyone is interested.

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    As far as I can tell, I'll be there around 10:00. I like to take my son for breakfast on Saturdays and don't want to skip one.

Sounds like it's going to be a great time!!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I will be there as well, but will have to leave around ~11:30-12pm or so. I'd be glad to instruct people with pistols as well, since that is my forte. :)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Oops, I was wrong. I have to be at work at 11:30am, so I'll have to leave by 11am. If anyone wants pistol instruction, find me (Travis) early on since I'll only be there 2hrs.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Anybody have an approximate headcount for this shindig? What is the capacity of the range?

Kinda curious about attending but I don't want to be in a crowd of 150 strangers with guns.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I can bring my chrono as long as no one shoots the sky screens. Is there an area they will let us set it up? I do not have a tripod for the skyscreens so they wil have to sit on a bench/table or something. I can bring a variety of guns for some to try out from a Walther G-22 to a .45-70 Guide Gun. Several .41's and .44's. AR's, AK's, HK-91, Saiga 12 ga if there is an area we can shoot shotgun.

I still thing stick on nametags with our screen names would help us recognize the fellow TGT members. Maybe a stack at the counter and some sort of info on TGT to introduce the non-forum members to us.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm 75% in. Only pop into the board every now and then, but it'd be nice to meet some other local gun guys. Should be there at 9am. May bring a buddy with me also.

Mic

Cookerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    Austin
    I only just recently joined TGT but would be more than happy to meet everyone at the range. (Found out about TGT through a member that I met at the lonestar range)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I still thing stick on nametags with our screen names would help us recognize the fellow TGT members. Maybe a stack at the counter and some sort of info on TGT to introduce the non-forum members to us.

I plan on getting some. Ray (DCortez) brought some out for the San Antonio meet and it helps considerably.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I suffer from occupational paranoia so I was just curious.
    I usually don't go to busy ranges, I spend time at the department range...where the ammo is freeeeeeeee!

The last meet (in San Antonio) was about the nicest group of safe minded individuals I've ever been around. We had a great time there. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom