• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Sure seems to be a pattern of late with vendors whipping out there carry gun to show someone something or other- 3rd one I have heard of in 3-4 years. Personally I do not consider any of these an accident; they are fuckups. Further they were not accidental discharges in any respect at all.
    Pure negligence. I bet the excuse for these vendors carrying at all is they opine they could get robbed, either at the show (ugh sigh) or more likely, while loading up later. Is this really a significant risk? If so, couldn't they just go to their vehicle after the show, strap up and THEN go about loading up their gear?
    While frisking everyone coming in is not readily doable, checking on the vendors certainly is.

Ghostie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Austin
    Wow, glad I missed this show....I've always been paranoid at the few gun shows I've been to, but I convinced myself that the dealers know what they're doing. I guess that's the end of gun shows for me, I can never bring myself to feel safe at one after this.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Wow, glad I missed this show....I've always been paranoid at the few gun shows I've been to, but I convinced myself that the dealers know what they're doing. I guess that's the end of gun shows for me, I can never bring myself to feel safe at one after this.

I'll think twice in the future too.

See what I mean about this being bad for the show? Here we have pro-gun individuals avoiding it because of this one incident.

Honestly, I have always been concerned but truth be told these are rare events. You're still more likely to be injured or killed driving to the show than at it! But this is why I have always supported the 30.06 statute being applied and enforced at gun shows. People argue that concealed carry should be allowed, but there is simply too many firearms being handled to expect everyone to remember which are loaded and which aren't. With the 30.06, every gun should be unloaded!

I have no sympathy for the vendor, safety is the first rule of firearms and he should have been more responsible. I actually believe he should be banned from all shows, not just the Austin SAXET one, as there is no excuse for what happened!

Cheers! M2

paidfor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I was there Sat. morning and picked up a gun from someone walking around trying to sell it. I was there about 3 hours. I agree that EVERYONE should unload their firearms while in the gun show. The incident on Sunday would have scared me from going to them for a while. Lucky no one got hurt!!

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    After visiting Taylors show yesterday, I'll never complain about Austin's weak ass show again! Though I need to venture back down to the SA show next round..

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    I really ought to try SA, haven't been in a real long time.
    Isn't there one show held there that better than Saxet? Freeman sponsored?
    I could just save my dinero and go to Tulsa- no jerky or beanie babies etc. miles of aisles-literally

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    It a much better show than the one at Marbach that Saxet runs. Same vendors from The Original Fort Worth Gun Show, which is a pretty good show vendor wise. Compable to High Caliber at the BRB, and Premier has done a few shows at GRB now.

Top Bottom