• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I'm back now, whether you like it or not.

Now why would someone get banned for calling out a new member trying to sell hard to find ammo at a$$ rape prices, when it can be found elsewhere for far less, and insult us in the process?

Yesterday, at a gun show, I sold 5,900 rounds of .22 LR at four cents a round, and 500 rounds of .223 at thirty five cents a round, and I heard no complaints, only -- thank you, thank you.

The free market works best when sellers don't abuse their buyers.
    Capitol Armory ad

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Sold a NIB mini thirty Ruger yesterday for $689.00, The guy asked, are you sure? They are $1500 at the gun show.......

Never let a good crisis go to waste..........

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'm back now, whether you like it or not.

Now why would someone get banned for calling out a new member trying to sell hard to find ammo at a$$ rape prices, when it can be found elsewhere for far less, and insult us in the process?

Yesterday, at a gun show, I sold 5,900 rounds of .22 LR at four cents a round, and 500 rounds of .223 at thirty five cents a round, and I heard no complaints, only -- thank you, thank you.

The free market works best when sellers don't abuse their buyers.

It is real simple; if you don't like the offered price, don't buy. Their listing price is NOYB, unless you are buying.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    You got banned? I missed that....And I missed you (wheres the emoticons when you need them)

I got banned (my third time) since I've been on this forum for straight talk. They let me back in to see if I will pee on the carpet again. It just rankles my hide to see someone with just the minimum posts try to sell ammo at inflated prices without a challenge.

End of Rant.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I got banned (my third time) since I've been on this forum for straight talk. They let me back in to see if I will pee on the carpet again. It just rankles my hide to see someone with just the minimum posts try to sell ammo at inflated prices without a challenge.

End of Rant.

I can understand the inflated prices. I wont buy an AR for what the prices are now because of it. But thats the great thing about the free market. I honestly havent looked at ammo lately and am afraid to.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

End of Rant.

It's not inflated if people will pay it ... we're all adults here, everyone can decide for themselves if something is too expensive. Fact is, people have lost their damn minds and are paying stupid prices for stuff. Why? Because it's become scarce. The same reason why oil, gold, silver, and everything else of some tangible value has skyrocketed in this country as well. It's how the market works ... slim demand, high stock = great prices ... slim stock, high demand = high prices. Should have bought it when it was cheap. Instead people think it'll always be a buyers market and spend their money elsewhere, now that it's not they wanna bitch and cry about it.

I bought 30 PMAGs when they were $9.96 a piece.

I'd hate to see what you think of the stock market, LOL.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It's not inflated if people will pay it ... we're all adults here, everyone can decide for themselves if something is too expensive. Fact is, people have lost their damn minds and are paying stupid prices for stuff. Why? Because it's become scarce. The same reason why oil, gold, silver, and everything else of some tangible value has skyrocketed in this country as well. It's how the market works ... slim demand, high stock = great prices ... slim stock, high demand = high prices. Should have bought it when it was cheap. Instead people think it'll always be a buyers market and spend their money elsewhere, now that it's not they wanna bitch and cry about it.

I bought 30 PMAGs when they were $9.96 a piece.

I'd hate to see what you think of the stock market, LOL.

The free market depends on trust, not exploitation. Sadly, our civilization mistakes the free-market for a free-for-all where greed trumps compassion. I will not give squat to a panhandler, but for a fellow gun enthusiast, I will do my best to help him over the hump of an ammo shortage without being a greedy prick.

If one wants others to remain part of an embattled community, they should help others, not alienate them.

Most shooters I know don't dabble in gold or silver, nor do they desire to screw over a fellow shooter.

Perhaps we should just help each other out.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    The free market depends on trust, not exploitation. Sadly, our civilization mistakes the free-market for a free-for-all where greed trumps compassion. I will not give squat to a panhandler, but for a fellow gun enthusiast, I will do my best to help him over the hump of an ammo shortage without being a greedy prick.

If one wants others to remain part of an embattled community, they should help others, not alienate them.

Most shooters I know don't dabble in gold or silver, nor do they desire to screw over a fellow shooter.

Perhaps we should just help each other out.

Can't argue with that. +1 to you.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The free market depends on trust, not exploitation.

Actually, this is incorrect. The free Market depends on free flow of information and the sellers and buyers agreeing to a price and everyone having the choice to buy or not buy.

Top Bottom