Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Mr English, are we to understand that in Texas, someone with say $1M in back taxes and penalties could shed one half of his/her tax debt each time they remarried so that by the fifth marriage he/she could shed their debt down to a total of $62,500?
    No.

What needs to be understood is that during each marriage, the new spouse will have their assets vulnerable unless they did an amount of pre-marriage planning that is, frankly, unreasonably complex. If you love someone who owes $1M, then just live with them but never get married and never have any joint finances.

The person owing the $1M will continue to owe the entire amount the entire time, whether they are married or not, until the statute of limitations runs out.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Absolutely true, Ben. But, like I've said already, we all walk through life on our own individual path. I wouldn't expect any one else to travel down mine . . .

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    A guy at work was dating a woman and allowed her to go live with him. While at work, she stole his AR15 and pawned it for drug money. He did the right thing by getting the cops involved who tracked it down, got witness statements as well as video, pressed charges and has her sitting in jail right now.

His dumb ass is visiting her in jail and has already told her she can move back in when she gets out. I wish I was making this up!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Whatever she has got must be damn good.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I’d advise people to be open about finances, in laws/family, religion, and kids before getting married. Any strong differences should be resolved before getting married.

Once you are married, you should mix your assets, your debts and treat them as both of yours. You spruce has cancer, y’all have cancer. Your spouse has 100k in student loans, y’all got loans.

If y’all don’t, then what’s the point of getting married?

You’ll succeed better if you can do it.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Craziest girlfriend I ever had was the one who accused me of not loving her...because I wouldn't hit her. That was the moment I realized the relationship was best as a former relationship.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Craziest girlfriend I ever had was the one who accused me of not loving her...because I wouldn't hit her. That was the moment I realized the relationship was best as a former relationship.
    Yikes. My gf when I was in 10th grade broke up with me because I wouldn't fight with her. They must be related lol

Top Bottom