Batman: The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SIG_Fiend, Jul 21, 2008.

1. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just got back from seeing it. I plan on seeing it again next weekend at the IMAX this time. To put it shortly, this movie was PERFECTION in all aspects, in every way shape and form. Everything from the character's looks (all of them, not just Batman), all of their unique mannerisms, speech patterns, overall tone of the movie, dialogue.......Sheer perfection. The complete and perfect embodiment of what the character and story was originally intended to portray from the comic series. Batman Begins was simply amazing. I thought it was going to be impossible for them to top that movie, however they did in fact accomplish this amazingly enough. In this day and age of cookie cutter movies, bandwagon sequels and prequels, parodies, and overall lackluster quality movies, it is so utterly refreshing to see such amazing movies as this come along once in awhile. I almost enjoy the fact that it's not often great movies such as this come along any more. It makes you savor them that much more. Huge thumbs up for this movie.

2. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Member

Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    I agree. I just saw it as well. Oscar worthy performance by Ledger.

3. Joat

Joat Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    HK Fiend - Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel about the movie.:D

I am going this weekend to see it.

Joat

4. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

I saw it and thought it very good and Ledger did an outstanding
    job with his part. He was very talented.

5. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Excellent review - thanks!!

I know I want to see it, not sure when I'll get to. Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Michael Keaton - their versions of Batman all sucked compared to this.

6. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Michael Keeton was a great Bruce Wayne though.

I will wait a week or two then go see it at the IMAX.

7. TexasHK

TexasHK Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    Just saw it Sunday, and I have to agree with the Oscar for Ledger, what an outstanding job...watched the original Batman movie the morning before going to the theater, and hands down the new Batman Movies are much better, more realistic and less comical.

8. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    This has been the best Batman movie made IMHO.Too bad I could not hear to well and had to move as a lot parents brought their little kids to see the movie.I wish people would get the message and turn off their phones and have respect for others.I always seem to sit next to a bunch of kids who cannot be quiet or sit still during a movie.Guess its the sign of the times.When I was a kid you had to have good manners when seeing a movie or your parents would not take you too another.Rant,rant,rant.....:D

9. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    joker really did it for me, it wasnt batman or the special effects or the new bat mobile.. it was the joker.