• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Material below the text is not for children.

So I was at Cabela's yesterday, trying to get some stuff and take care of some loose ends. Was chatting with one of the gun line guys (whom posts on here) and out of the corner of my eye I see one of their employees pointing a XD at my head and tapping the trigger. This is how it went down:

CG = Cabelas Guy
    Me = Me

The tone of my voice is affirmative and I'm burning holes through the kids soul with my eyes at this point.

Me: "If you do that again you will be looking at a loaded Glock"
    CG: "Do what again?"
    Me: "Point a gun at my head and put your finger on the trigger"
    CG: "We verify that the guns aren't loaded"
    Me: "I don't know it's not loaded, and I don't know you, nor do I trust you"
    CG: "OK" <sarcastically>
    Me: "What are the 4 basic rules of gun safety?"
    CG: "Uh ... OK, I'm sorry sir"
    Me: "You need to take this shit seriously, it's all fun and games until you kill someone, and don't act like it won't happen"

At this point my buddy takes me down the gun line to show me something else. I know he'll take care of it, and he told some of the gun line staff about it and one said they'd have a little chat with him about it.

If you are one of these people, you had best unfuck your sense of safety and get with the program, or I will be HAPPY to point it out to you.

I'M PROUD TO BE THAT GUY.

This is what happens when you DON'T take it seriously.

bruce.jpg

You hurt innocent, good, upstanding people ... there's no SORRY, there's no OOPs, think how you'd feel if YOU did that to a friend, family member, or a fellow shooter?
    Gun Zone Deals

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    Some guys may think you went too far, me...no, you did the right thing brother. Especially when he could not even answer your question: "What are the 4 basic rules of gun safety?"...

Thank you for stepping up to this kid. He needs to learn this, NOW!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Some guys may think you went too far, me...no, you did the right thing brother. Especially when he could not even answer your question: "What are the 4 basic rules of gun safety?"...

Thank you for stepping up to this kid. He needs to learn this, NOW!

I went easy on this kid, I restrained alot. Travis has seen me lose it before.

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Well said Texas 1911....I do believe there is someones sig quoting what Travis has seen? :-) " Dont make Texas 1911 angry....you wouldnt like it when he's angry"...

Seriously, good call on making him feel stupid...Hopefully his manager/boss/whatever read him the riot act too...

I agree with Orbitup, whats the story on the gentlemen above??....I wonder if the quick witted "field medics" thot of putting him flat on his back and raising his legs for him to control the bleeding a little more before they tourniquet'd him and left him in a camp chair!!!

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I seriously cannot stand being at Cabelas or even Gun Shows for that matter around assholes that do stuff like that. Same thing goes for the public ranges, saw it happen multiple times Friday at the range, people point their weapons directly at the lane next to them, I guess thinking that the barrier between the two will stop bullets...I also got hit in the face by a frag because the morons next to me were trying to make headshots at 7 yards and couldn't even do that without hitting the carrier...

Glad you stood up man!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The man in the pic is someone I consider a friend, and I hope to get his full story on film to use as a training tool for everyone. I won't divulge the whole story, but he took a rifle round through both legs and was life-flighted out. He survived and stood to shake my hand at the next gathering.

This happened because someone did not follow proper safety protocol.

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I was at an Arizona gun store when I asked to look at a .22 rifle. The employee took it off the rack, and proved it was unloaded by pointing it at the ceiling and pulling the trigger. It went off. The store came under a stunned silence. Good thing he didn't point it at anyone. The bullet might have gone through the ceiling and through the roof and landed who-knows-where. I don't know what happened to that employee, but he almost cost the store owner his entire store.

Goes to show one NEVER knows if a gun is loaded or not.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You handled it well imo. And x2 on keeping a first aid kit, I need to make one up and throw it in my gun bag asap.

I've been carrying a very basic blow-out kit in my range bag for a while now, but there's no way it could even begin to deal with a .30 cal rifle bullet through both legs. The first aid kit I took camping with me would be a better start, especially if I consolidate the two.

That pic also has me thinking about getting some IV fluids like some Ringer's and a kit to administer them for my range bag or car. And some training in how to stick someone.

There are a also some updates I could stand to make to my first aid kit.

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    I had posted earlier tonight, before you added the pic. I am glad to see the pic, maybe this kid will see what could have happened...

Again, THANK YOU Texas1911 ! ! !

First Aid kits...now I need to "update" them and get them in my vehicles...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom