Target Sports

BECKEL’S #1 UPSET PICK: White will defeat Perry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I am watching all the polls at Real Clear Politics. Most of the polls are starting to "tighten up", you know, like "Archie Bell and the Drells" said.

Right now every poll has Perry comfortably in the lead, if we dare say that. But in my liberal dishrag the local libs are starting up with their letters to the editor touting the accomplishments of White. Granted the letters are small.

Mostly they are doing what demos are doing all over the country, BASHING the Repug. Hey, just who wants to mention that proud "accomplishment" Obummer Care?

We need to stay on the message, that even though things are bad, they can get worse, MUCH worse if we turn over Texas back to the democrats.

Sadly, I know in my area where the last two elections there was this tiny little blue spot in a sea of red, the unions and minorities will click their heels together, Goose-step up to the polls, jutt out their right arm, and touch the button for straight democrat.

I will be doing the opposite, might even Goose-step though.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I took a lesson from the Dems (commies) and went down to the cemetery to campaign for Perry. Still waiting for some kind of response! LOL Maybe I'll just vote for them by proxy like the Dems do.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Before Bush it was a Dem (albeit conservative dem) state. I love my state, and regardless of which party is currently in power, I will defend her to the end.

Bill Clements was also a Republican. But let me point out that the Democratic Party was pretty close to the Republican Party for many years. In fact, southern Democrats ('Dixiecrats') were more conservative on religion, military, and taxes than most Republicans. Somewhere in the 1970's, the Democratic party took a giant turn to the left. The conservative dems of the past were replaced with draft dodgers and communists of the Vietnam era.

I'm not happy with the Republicans, but the Democrats have become Marxists and I can't stomach that at all. (They don't dare call themselves Communists because the actual Communist Party would sue them for defamation for linking the name with Nancy Pelosi, Barry the Community Organizer, their late hero Ted "The Swimmer" Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, and Sheila Jackson Lee.)

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I stand corrected (about Texas' previous govenors) and yes indeed Bill is a pub. Saw him on tv just the other day even.

I guess I'll just have to keep my old Demo beliefs (my fathers beliefs) and hope that things can change around again.

But then it is politics, and they all bend to which way the breeze is blowing, regardless of party.

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    skeet and red,

Man .. Y'all need to do like me. If your party ain't representin, stick it out, fight for what you believe .. don't weenie up and run away.

Jeez. I've lived my entire life in Texas. Before Bush it was a Dem (albeit conservative dem) state. I love my state, and regardless of which party is currently in power, I will defend her to the end.

Thank God our Texas founding fathers didn't just cut and run cuz things weren't quite going the way they liked.

I have to agree with Vance on this. Except for my time in service, I've spent my entire life in Texas. My family came here in 1850 and settled in Huntington when my second great grandpap brought his family here from Arkansas. He fought with Hood's Brigade. Before him, his Dad had stood with Andy Jackson at New Orleans, and his grandpap before him fought the Redcoats at King's Mountain.

The point is they were all Jeffersonian and Jackson Democrats as was my Dad and a good portion of the folks in SE Texas. What happened to Texas was LBJ. During that time, I and maybe a handful of people voted for Barry Goldwater. PUBS were like hen's teeth; scarce and scattered. Being a PUB could damned near get you tarred, feathered and riding a rail.

The PUB Party in Texas was built from the ground up because folks were tired of the corruption in the DIM Party. It is an unfortunate maxim, but Texas Politics, whether DIM or PUB, runs eventually toward corruption, mainly because of the money in the State.

It is still my State, my home, the country I love, and where my kith and kin lie buried and where I'll be buried as well. We survived the DIM politics of the past; we'll survive the PUB politics of the present, and we'll survive anything thrown at us. We can be and are a stubborn lot of misfits, those of us that are native Texans, and I'll be damned if I'll cut and run if things get tough again. I'll hold my nose and vote for Perry, even though I can't stand the bugger, but I don't do roofs, windows, and DIMS.

BTW, I ceased being a PUB when they, like the DIMS, left me. If the bastards had only done their job, the DIMS would never have come to power and Obambam would still be a community organizer.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    hey Shooter, I'd feel and do the same as you "IF" i didnt have 2 little boys whom need a good education. and as the schools had dropped/fallen to some of the LOWEST rated schools in the country producing HORRIBLE results thanks to the LAME-A$$ES running CA., it was time to go.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Nikita Khruchev said, "We will take you from within" to America and they have damn near done it, The former Working Man's Party bought that line and a conservative Dem is rare and hard to find. The terms Democrat & Republican neither have the platforms nor meaning today as in the past. The terms liberal & conservative deserve the addition of belief in GOD, belief in the Republic our forfathers gave us, if they so live and act.

It is no weak point to be Independent

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    hey Shooter, I'd feel and do the same as you "IF" i didnt have 2 little boys whom need a good education. and as the schools had dropped/fallen to some of the LOWEST rated schools in the country producing HORRIBLE results thanks to the LAME-A$$ES running CA., it was time to go.

Skeeter, I fully understand. I believe Californicate's loss was the gain of Texas.

Of course, living in Beaumont, I can attest to how poor the schools are. The brightest young minds I know were and are all home schooled.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Of course, living in Beaumont, I can attest to how poor the schools are. The brightest young minds I know were and are all home schooled.

I read where Beaumont is one steenk hole when it comes to the schools. Their minority Supt. is the highest paid in the State of Texas.

One time when I was still working doing traveling computer work, I was sent to a home in Westlake, LA. Was led into a room with a wall full of computer gear. A tall kid was in there. Speaking to him he seemed very knowledgeable. Asked him what grade he was in, he said "Second part of the Tenth". I asked what school, as I had done work at the local schools. He named one I had never heard before. His mother popped in and said "he goes to school online". She said that the local schools had too much violence so they pulled him out. Someone was always breaking out the windows.

I pulled out the part I was to install and he told me he would put it in himself. I left it with him, didn't have to go back.

Point is this kid was sharp, I could tell by talking to him. Bet he was way ahead of the locals going to the schools full of violence.

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    I read where Beaumont is one steenk hole when it comes to the schools. Their minority Supt. is the highest paid in the State of Texas.

You must be speaking of 'Butch'. He's at least the second highest paid Superintendent in the State and Beaumont has approximately 115000 citizens.

Top Bottom