• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Jeremy if I want to hit some local gun shops in the area what do you recommend?
    -Guns Galore has a pretty big selection but they are pretty bad about driving the price up more than what it should be. My brother was looking for a Sig pistol a few months ago and Guns Galore had the same exact pistol that the base Exchange had. Guns Galore was charging $200 more for that pistol. If I recall correctly, this wasn't even during the gun scare. He DID try asking them why it was so much and even let them know that on base it was cheaper, and they wouldn't drop the price even to cover tax.

-Action Pawn in Killeen usually has a pretty good gun selection and ok ammo selection.

-Action Pawn in Cove usually has a good ammo selection for the common calibers but not so great gun selection.

-JT Sports in Cove has a great selection of rifles and an ok selection of pistols. The defensive and shotgun ammo there is pretty impressive. They have a lot of targets and holsters there as well. There are some guns that are a little pricey, but then other guns that are a great deal. I picked up my Mossberg 500 there for about regular price at the time (I think it was around $350 for the 7 round tube, pistol grip, with a full size stock as a separate option in the box). Then my next gun I got there was a Remington R1 for $500 in damn good condition. I looked it up on GunBroker and it was going for avg of $700. Then my latest gun, the Sig P938, they were willing to cut a little off the price just for me and my brother being regulars. Before the price reduction, they were selling it for the same price Academy sells them for. So, they're reasonable but just like any shopping you do, it is good to go in knowing the prices of what you're looking at or having google on your phone ready to go.

-Knocked and Loaded in Lampasas usually has a great gun selection AND ammo selection. That's one of the stores I really enjoy visiting. It's just a nice overall store and even during the height of the gun panic, they stayed normal on their prices. I think they may have added $2 to the price of their ammo but it was still a better deal than anywhere else.

-Webbers in Waco is another gun shop that I like. Good gun selection, and a TON of ammo. They have a lot of accessories and gun cleaning supplies as well. I'm going to show them my Frog Lube review so maybe they'll start stocking it. If anyone around here will pick it up-I think they'll be the ones.

-Guns Unlimited in Gatesville has a pretty good gun selection, and a pretty good ammo selection on the common calibers. Their accessories are ok for the AR, but they aren't doing so hot on anything else.

Quantico Tactical in Killeen is GREAT on accessories and gear. That's my go-to store when I want anything from mags (you should see the M&P pistol mag selection!) to clothing and bags. They've got great knives, optics, and a good selection of gun cleaning supplies that a soldier would relate to as well. The reason I say it like that is the military has one way of cleaning their guns, and then the civilian market has a whole other range of methods. Everything from lubes to different types of rods and rod attachments. Quantico has the type of gun cleaning supplies you would expect to see in a military armory or on a soldier out in the field.

The only thing I can't seem to find that I've been looking for in the area is a good holster shop. Everyone seems to have the same storebrand items. I would like to find a local shop that sells good, quality, Texas made holsters.

Well, in general, meh.
    So it was about the usual, huh. lol
    Target Sports

Last edited:

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Lots of other AK options out there. I really havent watched the Mak90 prices.

Not just a ak.... I collect ak rifles and mausers.. side note...

First its china so no longer imported, They are worth at least 800 to $1600.

cz50 pistol are rare nowadays much less a holster and an extra mag. For $200 cant beat it.

Top Bottom