Belt Clips

arvetus

Jan 27, 2009
Lufkin, TX
I have both a 1.5" and a 1.75" gun belt that I use, depending on clothing.

I have only recently started wearing a 1.75" belt because I have found it works better with jeans as they have wider belt loops than khaki's or dress pants. The problem is, I have a swivel clip for a Yaesu 2-way radio that I carry that goes over a 1.5" belt max. My phone holster is the same way.

Does anyone know of an online source for replacement belt clips, either swivel clips or pager style, that I could find that will work with a 1.75" belt?

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
That might be a challenge.

Is there any other reason for wearing a 1.75" belt than the belt fills the loops more?

Is the belt you're talking about a purpose made gun belt? If not and support is the reason, that's your answer. I wear jeans a lot but I can't imagine wearing a 1.75" belt. 1.5" is big enough.

arvetus

Jan 27, 2009
Lufkin, TX
1.75" isn't that much bigger than 1.5". Both sizes of belts are a purpose made gun belt, and does provide great support for the weapon. Better than 1.5"? Probably not enough to notice. I wear a 1.5" with khaki's and dress pants. Perhaps I am in the minority, but I guess I just like the looks of a wider belt with jeans, and it does fill the loops better. I wouldn't go any larger than 1.75 though...

Although, I will say that I have a cheap, nylon-type holster that I carry in the woods that the 1.75 seems to work better with since the loop on that sucker is 2.25" ...

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads