• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I just traded into an upper in 6mm ARC and it has a Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42 on it. Amazon has these for $225. The glass is exceptionally clear and the reticle is as clear as it can be. Nicest glass on a budget scope I have seen in a long time.
    I got it for $167 on Amazon it showed up today. I was impressed with it's clarity and forgiving eye box. Much better than the Vortex crossfire ii and maybe even better than the diamondback. It's been a long time since I've looked through them. I'll vouch for a good deal. It's clear and the turrets tracked.
    Target Sports

Outrider

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Elmo, Texas
    I got it for $167 on Amazon it showed up today. I was impressed with it's clarity and forgiving eye box. Much better than the Vortex crossfire ii and maybe even better than the diamondback. It's been a long time since I've looked through them. I'll vouch for a good deal. It's clear and the turrets tracked.
    Dang, you got a good deal on it! Yessir, the eye relief is also very good on it. I am swapping over to that scope on another rifle as well.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It was explained to me that newer technology allows manufacturers to construct better quality optics for less expense; so some of the savings is passed on to us, the custommers. KInda like the large screen TV sets did a few years back.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Late to this party - I would've thrown in with the Redfield Rebel, as I owned one, and have had a few other Redfield products and been pleased with them.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    In case anyone was wondering. The Burris is pretty legit and is clearer than my vortex diamondback and crossfire ii.
    20221011_175744.jpg

Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    What is wrong with the Vortex Crossfire II's, if they've got a lifetime warranty?

I recently got a Crossfire II 4x12x44 for me, and my daughter a Crossfire II 3-9x40 for our starter scopes, because we have been using iron-sights and red dots for years at the range up until recently.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    What is wrong with the Vortex Crossfire II's, if they've got a lifetime warranty?

I recently got a Crossfire II 4x12x44 for me, and my daughter a Crossfire II 3-9x40 for our starter scopes, because we have been using iron-sights and red dots for years at the range up until recently.
    They're just not as clear of glass.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

They need a lifetime warranty, because you'll be using it a lot.

I'd rather invest in a nicer optic, instead of constantly mounting, zeroing, sending it in, remounting, rezeroing, and always having to deal with the possibility of the optic going bad when i need it the most

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I have had a few vortex crossfire scopes on rimfires. I think they are a great value. I'm not a scope snob though.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Ditto. I had a Crossfire 2 on a kick like a mule .308 Ishapore 2A Gibbs jungle carbine. probably put 300 rounds down the pipe with it on there. I would consider that abuse. I mean this this kicked like a 300 Mag. Never failed to keep zero. Think I paid $160.00 for the scope. Big fan if that's what you're looking for.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Wound up ordering a burris full field e1 4.5 x12 with the MOA reticle because I canz compute and it'll be here tomorrow in time to hit the range. At least it's Phillipines and not China.

It's from Amazon, so if it's crap, I'll just send it back.

I'm late to the party, but I really like the Cabela's Covenant 7 scopes. Fantastic glass on those.

Last edited:

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Check out the Konus line. A lot of bang for your buck. Etched, not wire, reticles. Lifetime replacement warranty, They are not new to optics, just new to US in last 15-20 years.

Top Bottom