• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Stocks are not so cheap for the newer savages. They moved the bolt release in from of the trigger guard on some models and the only replacement stock I have found that fits the new design is a chaote that runs about $500.

The Accustocks are actually well made as far as bedding goes but it's not so comfortable for prone shooting. I plan to get a cheek riser for mine until I can lay down the cash for a stock upgrade.

It feels cheap but the bedding is probably better than most other <$1000 of the shelf rifles

Choates are not $500, the model that works is not the choate super sniper stock. It is the choate tactical which is $200. There are however many stocks that will fit the new bottom bolt release design in the $500 range. Boyds also made a cheap tacticool stock to fit the new design but its out of stock and supposedly wait time is under a week.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Okay thanks. I guess only reason I wouldnt want to purchase from a dealer is the fact I will be on record.

Well then, do not ever use a credit card for guns, ammo.

Do not ever bring a cell phone to a range, gun store.

Do not ever buy a hunting license.

Do not subscribe to any hunting magazines.

Do not discuss buying guns on the Internet.

.gov has access to all this info right now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Choates are not $500, the model that works is not the choate super sniper stock. It is the choate tactical which is $200. There are however many stocks that will fit the new bottom bolt release design in the $500 range. Boyds also made a cheap tacticool stock to fit the new design but its out of stock and supposedly wait time is under a week.

If this is true it is a very recent change. I was also only looking at those that also fit the detachable box mag.

I don't even remember which rifle he was talking about at the start of this thread but I am quite certain about which ones would fit my rifle not too long ago.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    If this is true it is a very recent change. I was also only looking at those that also fit the detachable box mag.

I don't even remember which rifle he was talking about at the start of this thread but I am quite certain about which ones would fit my rifle not too long ago.

I have a savage 10p-sr it is a short action, dbm(detachable magazine) and bottom bolt release. I just recently purchased this rifle and have been looking at which stocks i want to upgrade to. Specifically the choate tactical as its aluminum bedded and only $200. I know how hard it is to find a stock in this setup but i have found them and they are direct drop ins and dont require additional inletting or anything crazy. Go look again, the boyds tacticool for sure is a very recent within the past month addition to the stocks but the choate tactical one for dbm has been around for quite awhile longer. The choate super sniper requires fitting and is still $500. My budget for a direct drop in is $200 or less.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    If you want a ten round mag dark eagle customs makes one, and supposedly an accurate mag will fit as well but i am not sure. The last accurate mag i seen was on a factory savage 10 and it had a different dbm.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have a savage 10p-sr it is a short action, dbm(detachable magazine) and bottom bolt release. I just recently purchased this rifle and have been looking at which stocks i want to upgrade to. Specifically the choate tactical as its aluminum bedded and only $200. I know how hard it is to find a stock in this setup but i have found them and they are direct drop ins and dont require additional inletting or anything crazy. Go look again, the boyds tacticool for sure is a very recent within the past month addition to the stocks but the choate tactical one for dbm has been around for quite awhile longer. The choate super sniper requires fitting and is still $500. My budget for a direct drop in is $200 or less.

I will look again, I spent a lot of time on several sites and the chaote was the only one I could find at the time.

Hope I can prove myself wrong. Mine is a 10FP but in not sure what the differences are.

Thanks.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom