• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Just North of Beaumont in the Jack Gore Baygal unit of the big thicket. Stumbled up on him this morning trying to shoot some tree rats. Thought I'd never get him to rattle. took several mins of poking and prodding. Even then, I never could get him to strike. Cool snakes. Also found several moccasins, a Texas brown, and a pretty good sized rat snake.

611a2f30027c78d9c1f75153ad535b2a.jpg

ba816c176823f3c056079fc4380fc0f6.jpg

Actually heard the rare snake/squirrel combo hit the ground and the squirrel start squalling about 25 - 50 yds from where I was sitting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    We all know that 9mm is inadequate for self-defense. The FBI created .40S&W to specifically address the shortcomings of the 9mm cartridge.

Do we really now?

The FBI created the .40 to cover its own incompetence in the "Miami Massacre" in 1986. I suppose the 9mm was inadequate in that engagement, but as they were facing assault-rifle armed killers, any handgun would have been. FBI leadership knew exactly who they were going after and chose to go armed with handguns and a couple of shotguns.

It was an agent armed with a good ol .38 special who finally settled their hash, though both had already received fatal hits from 9mms. Unfortunately, they killed 4 agents and wounded 10 more before expiring. So the 9mm got thrown under the bus to conceal incompetent leadership.

BTW, you may have noticed a flood of police trade in .40s on the market lately. That's because the FBI switched back to the 9mm and a lot of agencies have followed suit. With proper ammo, it as just as effective, easier to shoot, and carries more ammo.

About the only niche the .40 fills is ISPSA/IPSC competition. It makes major power factor with 2-3 more rounds per magazine than the .45.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Hahahaha! This thread is still catching fish!

Well played Savage, Well played!

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I think what everyone is missing here is that a 9 is simply an inverted 6, so it in no way can compare to a 45, when added together makes 9.

Come on guys, this stuff isn't that difficult. I'll save the cuatro aught discussion for later.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I think what everyone is missing here is that a 9 is simply an inverted 6, so it in no way can compare to a 45, when added together makes 9.

Come on guys, this stuff isn't that difficult. I'll save the cuatro aught discussion for later.
    well, if you invert the 45, its an upside down 54. A 54mm is awfull big for a hangun!!

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Any one else here a motorcycle rider? Go to the motorcycle threads and ask which kind of oil is better, Dino or Syn? Same kind of endless opinions, this thread is 205.

Top Bottom