• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom slick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Little Elm, Texas
    Back in the day we cleaned our guns with a product called STOS. I think it stood for Sport To Sport but we called it Slicker Than Owl Sh*t, lol. Today, I saw a Youtube video about some stuff called Strike Hold being the best.

What do ya'll use and where do you get it?
    ARJ Defense ad

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Back in the day we cleaned our guns with a product called STOS. I think it stood for Sport To Sport but we called it Slicker Than Owl Sh*t, lol. Today, I saw a Youtube video about some stuff called Strike Hold being the best.

What do ya'll use and where do you get it?

Breakfree CLP for the action.

Only bullets go down the bore, until accuracy falls off, then good ole hoppes.

SpikeTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Richmond
    +1 for the frog lube. I have been using for about a month and put ~800 rounds in her. Makes it so easy to clean. I use the paste with a small flux brush (cheap).

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Ed's red, the stuff lasts forever, and cleans great. Even better when a friend mixes it up for you.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    I've used Strike Hold, good stuff. You can get it at the Winchester Gallery in Ft Worth, they usually carry it, and they're about the only ones in DFW.....I've looked.

As far as the "Best"? FrogLube gets my vote.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I've used Strike Hold, good stuff. You can get it at the Winchester Gallery in Ft Worth, they usually carry it, and they're about the only ones in DFW.....I've looked.

As far as the "Best"? FrogLube gets my vote.
    Well, I was ready to try the FrogLube but was disappointed that no Austin area dealer is listed. Has anybody found this stuff at retail in the Austin area? Hard to believe they don't have a web site 'store'.

Edit: Found it on Amazon even though it's sold by another vendor. Free shipping and no tax...I'll give it a try. Sounds 'too good to be true' ;) .

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    its crazy to me the amount of fl users on here. its still a relatively new product with little to no marketing compared to other products. and its barely making it to the major online retailers. =)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Non-chlorinated brake cleaner is the best cleaner around... Just keep it off painted finishes, and wood, and probably better to keep it off plastics, too

Top Bottom