• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    This one has served me very well since 1967.......

DSC02526_zpsvr0xlqqv.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

hwarang54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2014
    I carry a SOG Flahback2. I have 2, they cost me about 70 each. Have had them a long time and use them daily.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I like my Bark River Knife I bought years back for a hunting knife. Can't remember what model it is. P.H. in africa begged me for it on my last safari. I seem to remember using it to cut a dangling wort off his finger that kept getting caught on things.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Can't believe no one's brought up the BK series from Ka-Bar yet. I'd take one of those over a TOPS any day. Hell, I'd take a Mora over a TOPS, too. Especially since I can get ten of them for the price of on TOPS.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    How sturdy do the SOG autos feel compared to Benchmade?

I have the SOG at 9 months old that I had been carrying. I went to open it about a month ago and it was very sluggish. Man I was mad! I continued opening and closing with very mixed results.

Needless to say that POS is not on me anymore.

My 10yr old plus Benchmade still slams open!

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Sog seem to be known for blade wobble. Not meaning they are less reliable or lower quality, but it's just their design I suppose. Only have held 5 or so different SOGs but all had noticeable wobble compared to even my Kershaws.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm currently in the market for a new survival knife and a new fixed EDC blade. I've looked at several brands from TOPS, to Swamp Rat, and even SOG.

That said, I'd like to spend less than $200 on each, so I'm considering the Tops Silent Hero, Tops Anaconda 7B, Tops Screaming Eagle Hunter, and Swamp Rat Ratmandu CG. I like these due to their quality, designs, and pricepoints.

Including these, along with your personal favorite, what would be the best two knives under $200 each to fill these two needs?

Personally I'm a big fan of the grayman. But they're in the 300 dollar range.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I've been carrying the fixed Contego from Benchmade for about a month now, and it's really, really nice.

The sheath leaves a lot to be desired for mounting to a belt, but I've just been pocket carrying it. lol.

Top Bottom