• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I recently converted my ancient Mossberg 500 bird gun to a 500 Cruiser and RRArms had everything in stock at great prices, I would definately recommend them!

Thanks, actually I'm looking for the compact which they appear to have four of: http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GM709031

Darn, I thought I saw a 281 area code (thinking Houston) but it's 218 (MN). We go to Houston frequently so I'd have stopped by.

Anyways, thanks for the post!
    Target Sports

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I find ordering and shipping to an FFl Is cost effect (if) you know what firearm you want for sure, I find selection poor locally and prices above retail, in this day of high fuel prices rather then run from shop to shop set up a good relationship with a small ffl dealer and order at will, gunbrokers.com will give you transfer dealers in your area.

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Well with Alan's advice and a grip that just felt right, I ended up purchasing an HK P30 tonight.

Quite happy with the ergonomics, now just need more time on it.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I love my USPc 9mm. I even had the slide hard chromed!

U just missed a good gun show to go to to buy one cheap:

Jun 21-22 Austin, Crocket Convention Center, Saxet Gun Shows

The next one is:

Jul 19-20 Austin, Crocket Convention Center, Saxet Gun Shows

Here is mine:

chomer5copy.gif

slowrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is really Amy's gun and she's dead set on this one. I think a lot of that has to do with her brother having the .40SW version of it. Any recommendation at this point invites opportunity down the road for her to complain. Ultimately, I will get a gun of my choice which will probably be a full size .45ACP, but I need to shoot a lot more guns before I decide which route I'm going. She also has tiny hands and a relatively weak grip so ergonamics are key and she feels most comfortable with the USPc. I also have small hands but not compared to her. She almost couldn't handle a Glock G19 or at least handle it comfortably. If she's happy, I'm happy and she's sort of made up her mind.

We have been to Reds, I've rented 3 guns up there. They have a nice selection and their prices aren't too shabby, but they don't have a 9x19 USPc.

Thanks for the recommendation though. I plan on exhausting a lot more options before making my choice. I'm also happy with the USPc 9 and I could live with as our only 9 and only compact gun.

Has she looked at the P2000's? I have one and love it compared to the USPc's.

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    With regards to the prices of guns at Sportsman's Warehouse:
    Finally, how do their prices compare?

I have found their prices to be very competitive. Considering FFL fees and shipping costs (for Intenet orders) versus tax for a local purchase, it was such that I have bought my last two pistols from them.

Amistad

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    With regards to the prices of guns at Sportsman's Warehouse:

I have found their prices to be very competitive. Considering FFL fees and shipping costs (for Intenet orders) versus tax for a local purchase, it was such that I have bought my last two pistols from them.

Amistad

Haven't been there but when I called and asked for the USPc 9mm and got the reply, "We don't have a single 9mm firearm in stock." I kind of wrote them off because despite the difficulty in locating a 9mm USPc, finding ANY 9mm in stock is not a difficulty.

Top Bottom