Best Place in Austin for a USPc 9mm

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by U235, Jun 24, 2008.

1. U235

U235 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Does anyone know any local gun shops that have a USPc 9 in stock (preferably stainless)?

If not, where am I likely to get the best deal on ordering one?

Thanks!

2. Bullseye Shooter

Bullseye Shooter Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Have you called Sportsman's Warehouse in Round Rock?

3. U235

U235 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    No, but ironically I was going to go by there on Sunday but we had other things to do. They're one of the closer shops to me so maybe I'll swing by on the way home from work. Their web site did not list HK as a brand they carry: Benelli, Beretta, Browning, Weatherby, Remington, Winchester, Ruger, Sig Arms, Glock, Kimber

Is it "normal" to call gun shops and ask if they have XYZ gun? Sorry, first gun purchase here.

Finally, how do their prices compare?

Thanks for the rec!

4. TXB4Z

TXB4Z Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    I don't see a problem calling a store and asking if a they have a certain gun in stock.

As far as pricing at Sportsman's Warehouse, they seem to have really good prices on XD's. MSRP is around $515 and they had them for $480 I believe. I can't say if they have the same deals on all their guns but swing by and check them out and then check out prices online.

5. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    McBride's on Lamar will probably have one. Their website says that they carry them.

6. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
  7. U235

U235 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I actually emailed them and they said they didn't have any right now. I was pleased with how quickly they responded though.

8. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    A lot of people give them grief because they are sometimes a little overpriced. Joe runs a tight ship there though, and he will fix people's problems. They are an authorized repair center for many brands and they will get it where it needs to go if they can't deal with it. I've been shopping there for years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

They also have a reloading area and the guy who runs it is a wealth of knowledge, he has given me a novel's worth of helpful information.

9. U235

U235 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Cool! I'll definitely check them out. My friend recommended them at lunch today, that's where he's bought all of his guns, and he's lived here since the 80s.

Per another person's recommendation, I checked out Cost Plus 10 Guns since I was a block away from there this afternoon. He told me it was a shack, but wow, he wasn't kidding. I parked in a field and walked towards the door where there was a trash can blocking the door that said, "CLOSED ON MONDAY". Of course it's Tuesday so I don't know what to think about that. My friend disclaimed that it looks shady but the guy is real nice and honest. Definitely the most uninviting place I've ever seen, I felt like I was a cast member in "No Country for Old Men". I may give him another shot, but it doesn't appear he keeps regular hours.

10. U235

U235 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    PS - I did call them, the guy said he had not a single 9mm handgun (any brand) in stock. I found that amazing.