• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Well, the comments above said pretty much everything I was going to say. Reagan had some good qualities, and some bad ones. I'll agree it's not a right and why should some things like contraception be covered under insurance? At that rate my auto insurance should cover my fuel costs.
    Guns International

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Beto is a loser. He’s a Feinstein/Schumer/Pelosi white, race pushing Democrat (google race pimps). Dude is a total Democrat line, anti-gun, open borders leftist. He’s just a puppet for the Democrat party. If that’s your thing it’s your right to vote for him.
    It’s not my thing tho.

And everyone talking about pre-existing conditions- healthy people should spend less on health insurance than people with pre-existing conditions or who are sick/hurt often or generally unhealthy people.
    I believe that people should be treated as individuals and not as a group when it comes to something like health insurance. Health insurance isn’t health care. You pay for both, but you get treated by health care providers. Insurance providers are people who want your money in exchange for agreeing to pay for some of your bills. Agreements are complicated because the people who sell insurance don’t want to pay all of your bills because they also have to make money. If you include the government, how will this help anything or anybody? (It doesn’t and it never will)

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    It's a right to have ACCESS to healthcare. It is NOT a right to HAVE healthcare*. There's nothing constitutional about the fed.gov getting into the healthcare business or mandating that everyone has healthcare coverage on the backs of others. It's. Just. That. Simple.

Right on!
    And, when the Fed's, with the 1942 Stabilization Act, started giving huge tax incentives to corporations for making health insurance as a perk of employment, they stuck their nose under the Healthcare tent in the US, Constitution or no.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I believe that people should be treated as individuals and not as a group when it comes to something like health insurance. Health insurance isn’t health care. You pay for both, but you get treated by health care providers. Insurance providers are people who want your money in exchange for agreeing to pay for some of your bills. Agreements are complicated because the people who sell insurance don’t want to pay all of your bills because they also have to make money. If you include the government, how will this help anything or anybody? (It doesn’t and it never will)

The entire idea behind insurance is risk pools. Not about risk for each unique individual.

And should a person become so unfortunate as to be struck down a major illness (which can easily be beyond that person's control - e.g., cancer, etc.), that person might have a little different viewpoint on this topic.

One scenario (that has happened many times). Person comes down with cancer. Then they get laid off due to plant closing or whatever. Now they cannot get insurance because no one wants to take on a insuree with a major medical condition. They get no assistance with their medical bills. And since those without insurance help subsidize those with insurance (see below), this person is broke in short order.

You see, when someone looks at their benefits statements they find that the medical provider drastically reduced their charge. The insurance company pays a small amount, your deductible/copay pays a small amount.

The medical providers know this is going to happen so they raise the "sticker price" (e.g., that charged to someone without insurance) for two reasons. First, the higher the charge the more is left after the insurance company negotiates their reduction. Second, those with no insurance help pick up some of the profit margin lost because of the insurance company's lower negotiate rates.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The medical providers know this is going to happen so they raise the "sticker price" (e.g., that charged to someone without insurance) for two reasons. First, the higher the charge the more is left after the insurance company negotiates their reduction. Second, those with no insurance help pick up some of the profit margin lost because of the insurance company's lower negotiate rates.
    You missed the third reason: If the provider has a "loss" on an raised sticker price they still can write it off as a loss against their profit reported to the IRS, resulting in an incentive to make charges as high as possible knowing they won't get reimbursed for the whole thing.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You missed the third reason: If the provider has a "loss" on an raised sticker price they still can write it off as a loss against their profit reported to the IRS, resulting in an incentive to make charges as high as possible knowing they won't get reimbursed for the whole thing.

Thanks for catching the miss.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The entire idea behind insurance is risk pools. Not about risk for each unique individual.

And should a person become so unfortunate as to be struck down a major illness (which can easily be beyond that person's control - e.g., cancer, etc.), that person might have a little different viewpoint on this topic.

One scenario (that has happened many times). Person comes down with cancer. Then they get laid off due to plant closing or whatever. Now they cannot get insurance because no one wants to take on a insuree with a major medical condition. They get no assistance with their medical bills. And since those without insurance help subsidize those with insurance (see below), this person is broke in short order.

You see, when someone looks at their benefits statements they find that the medical provider drastically reduced their charge. The insurance company pays a small amount, your deductible/copay pays a small amount.

I understand your point. It’s not “insurance” at that point. It’s welfare.

That’s a different topic but a free market could solve these problems if the gov didn’t step in.

Guys I hope the best for you’re health. Do what you can to be healthy and pray that you don’t get sick or get cancer or a debilitating disease.

This being said, BETO is a fake and a loser. Cruz might not be perfect, but I’d give him a top 10 spot out of the 100 senators we have now. He’s got lobbyist problems, but compared to other senators it’s nothing. Look into how D Senators get status in their chosen committees. It’s all about money.

Beto is wrong for Texas. Cruz is the best senator us Texans have. We can’t do anything about out of state senators screwing up the agenda.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well, I am now that indigent person that relies on charity hospitals, after being decimated by Cancer.

Texas law USED to be, Cancer patients had to pay DOUBLE for health insurance, until Cancer free for 10 years. Over $800 a month sucks. Along comes Obooger, and VIOLA!!! Preexisting okie dokie , too bad it came after I got sucked dry, and was over 10 years.

I don't feel bad about the little bit of relief I get....I worked my ass off for 40 years, so people that weren't , ( and never did, ) could get a slice of my paycheck.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Vaquero,

WELL SAID. = Beto O'Rourke, the 100% PHONY Latino, is a LOSER, just like the rest of the DIMocRATS are, other than in the BLUEST of BLUE areas.
    (Coming out against perfectly ordinary semi-automatic rifles/carbine will drive the final nail in the coffin of his campaign.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SloppyShooter,

I truly UNDERSTAND. = My much beloved late wife's final illness with Acute Leukemia cost our family everything that we had in 1983, as well as everything that we could borrow, too.
    (It took us 8 years to get back on our feet.)

That's WHY we need a TEXAS (rather than federal) catastrophic healthcare underwriting program to pick-up where benefits from employer/individual health insurance coverage ends..
    (The feds cannot run the USPS or most anything else efficiently, so why would we trust the federal bureaucrats with nearly 1/5th of the US economy??)

just my OPINION, satx

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    got my yard signs up
    4f220538f6a9171357a3b04efafb3743.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Cruz is the man!

I had no idea that Ted Cruz had such an long list of accomplishments to his credit. This is not an endorsement of him, but if this list from Young Conservatives is totally valid, Cruz is a certainly a competent, worthy presidential candidate. The public should be made aware of this information that even I had little idea of. However, not all of our readers would be interested in or happy about every one of these items. Still they do indicate an exceptionally active, competent person consistently dedicated to the rule of law and the defense of American principles.

No wonder there are rumors going around that if Cruz does not get the Republican nomination he would alternatively love to be the next appointed Supreme Court justice. He appears to be quite worthy of such a high legal appointment...

Full article: https://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/blogs/ted-cruzs-astonishing-credentials

Top Bottom