Military Camp

Better start getting offline contacts and friends...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    This article kind of goes along with what originally started this thread.

Talk-Radio Owner Threatens to Fire Hosts Who Dispute Election Results

Entertainers? Agitators? Or do they truly feel what they state?
    Interesting story, thanks.
    I was going to copy it and share on Parler.
    But they did pull the plug, so I guess that's not an option.
    DK Firearms

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't understand the channel selection. If I am understanding it, you chose a channel then a # to comment/read right? But it seems like all the channels point to the same #. Does it matter what channel you use?

The channels are basically like threads in a forum. If you click on one, it should take you to that specific topic.

Interesting. I had heard of it, but did not know how it worked. Unfortunately, I could not get all the way to the forum before it hung up. I may need to back off on my Ghostery settings?
    Party on, dudes.

Is your internet slow? The voice channels can be a bit tough to use if so. It should not effect the text channels. My internet is slow, but they work just fine.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Is your internet slow? The voice channels can be a bit tough to use if so. It should not effect the text channels. My internet is slow, but they work just fine.
    Our Internet WAS slow (HughesNet), but since the electric co-op brought us fiber, it's so good. It was the Ghostery setting. As soon as I made the site "trusted", it started working. Thanks.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don’t fool yourself in to thinking places like Discord aren’t monitored.

At one point me and some friends had a small chat set up through Tapatalk that was used for setting up private meets, hunting trips, etc. made communication with the group easier.

Worked great until we posted pictures from the hunting trip and suddenly emails started rolling in that the pictures must be deleted or the account would be banned. Don’t think no one is watching, and don’t think it won’t be another platform that will be targeted and will fold as soon as it becomes useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a reality of the internet. Discord has always been more tolerant of the right than many other platforms, but if a server was to do something like plan or encourage violent attacks, then it would probably get taken down fairly quickly. What it does do is give you a way to connect with others outside of this forum. Even if the server were to disappear, it doesn't mean your account would. If you have "friended" people on discord, you could still contact them outside of the server.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That is a reality of the internet. Discord has always been more tolerant of the right than many other platforms, but if a server was to do something like plan or encourage violent attacks, then it would probably get taken down fairly quickly. What it does do is give you a way to connect with others outside of this forum. Even if the server were to disappear, it doesn't mean your account would. If you have "friended" people on discord, you could still contact them outside of the server.

I don’t think a couple people would make a difference. But the first time an article comes out from the verge or whatever left wing rag is popular these days talking about how the right wing has found a new platform you can expect sweeping changes to Discord at minimum, and an all out attempt to destroy the platform completely on the other end.

Also keep in mind, both Gab and Minds are still up and running and appear to have a more resilient infrastructure as I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I don’t understand why people are afraid meeting in person for a local defense strategy that they are careful to keep strictly restricted and well-ordered (regulated, as the 2nd amendment says) because they might come into personal contact with some government agents, but are quite happy to post from their phones and computers from their homes, offices, and toilets. It’s a whole stinking lot easier for 10 agents to monitor your digital devices than it would be for them to place physical agents in every city in Texas. And if you are legit only using it for good defensive and fellowship purposes, some of those agents might even come over to our side.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    AR15.COM deplatformed earlier by GoDaddy..Seems to be back up and running now, but definitely something to keep an eye on.

ETA--I didn't realize there was a thread in progress regarding this.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In other news.

e56d18cfcb3c4c7fd4967e43c787d02a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I am not gonna lie: I was pleased to see this news.
    Yet, if I am honest, this crap just hurts everyone. Are we gonna end up with TWO Internets? I don't know, but that's where we are headed.

Hell, we need two separate countries. I like the idea of a separate internet that hosts people and business that I agree with, the lefties can have their own trash. That way I can make sure the money I spend doesn't go to support lefty business, I already check to see where my money goes when I make an online purchase. No more Amazon crap for me unless it's something I really need in a hurry.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    In other news.

e56d18cfcb3c4c7fd4967e43c787d02a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I completely get where they are coming from and agree with the sentiment - I just wonder if the irony of the situation is lost on them - "we don't agree with censorship, so we're going to engage in censorship ourselves" - I think that they will wind up loosing subscribers over this.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I completely get where they are coming from and agree with the sentiment - I just wonder if the irony of the situation is lost on them - "we don't agree with censorship, so we're going to engage in censorship ourselves" - I think that they will wind up loosing subscribers over this.
    Yes... I noted the irony as well. But I do wish them great success at the same time. Sometimes.... gotta fight fire with fire.

Top Bottom