Bexar County Sheriff

Acera

TGT Addict
Jan 17, 2011
Republic of Texas
Come on, I want to hear more about her carrying her weapon illegally on a military base and the lack of a quick response from base security. Got a link??

Skip

TGT Addict
Aug 26, 2008
NW San Antonio
I'm just glad she wasn't Sheriff when I worked there...

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
Come on, I want to hear more about her carrying her weapon illegally on a military base and the lack of a quick response from base security. Got a link??
How did she illegally take a weapon on a military base?

It's a common misconception that personal firearms are not allowed on military bases. I do it all the time, at Camp Bullis where I regularly shoot. They also sell firearms at numerous base exchanges, Randolph recently installed a gun counter.

Title 18 Section 930 of the US Code only prohibits firearms in Federal facilities, defined as buildings. It does not prohibit personal firearms on installations. Most bases that prohibit it are because of regulations (US Army) or commander policy (USAF_. I'm not sure what the Navy rules are as I haven't been on a Navy base with a firearm.

There is an urban myth that Clinton issued an executive order prohibiting weapons on base, but Snopes discounted it here: snopes.com: Clinton Disarmed Soldiers on Military Bases?.

All that said, I still wouldn't put it past the current Bexar county sheriff to think she was above the rules. It's the same attitude she possessed when she was in the USAF.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
Jan 17, 2011
Republic of Texas
How did she illegally take a weapon on a military base?

Don't know, that is what the OP originally posted and I was curious. Figured he had some more details.

Top Bottom