Bicycles have the right of way?

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by thorkyl, Dec 15, 2009.

1. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
  2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I read some of the comments ... oh brother!

3. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    In my area bicyclists of all ages...whoever...act as though they can do anything they want on a bike and laws don't apply to them. To ride at full speed across an intersection while in the crosswalk is typical. I had some a**hole recently approach a 4-way stop (where I had already come to a complete stop and was starting out) and it was obvious he had no intention of stopping. I went ahead and pulled out knowing full well that if he hit me at speed the proof would be incontrovertible that he did not obey the law and stop at the intersection. Well, he slammed on his brakes and veered around me in a panic, then had the nerve to give me the finger. Big mistake. I pulled a U-turn and took off after him. He saw that and started peddling for his life. Lucky bastard was able to make a light (almost running it red) and got away. People on bikes are all too often such a**holes.

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Yep and God gives them way to many chances to get away - LOL!!!
    I use to live on a 2 lane no shoulder black top road that was very busy and carried a lot of semi truck traffic.
    I was behind a big rig and as we approached a curve I saw three guys on bikes riding single file. There was a cement truck coming the other way. The cement truck had no where to go and "Blew" them off the road into the ditch.
    I honked and waved as I passed just to be polite.:devil:
    I sure know what you're saying TD - I sure know!!!!!

5. saltydog

saltydog Member

Nov 4, 2009
    el paso
    we will all be riding a bike soon enough. just waiting for the nudge from the federal gov to make it imposible to put fuel in our vehicles to get to and from work. they are just getting a head start on it. they will be at work hours before the rest of us manage to pedal our way there.

6. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Maybe they need to get a license to ride a bike just like cars and have the
    bicycle cops ride behind and give the test.:rofl:

7. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    :rofl: Sounds like something I'd do too. That's my policy for anuses behind the wheel of a car too who drive recklessly down the freeways here. If they wind up as a bloody mess by the side of the road, don't look for me to stop and render aid. Only aid I'll give is a honk of the horn, wave, and laugh as I pass by.....:happy0001:

8. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Wow, what were you gonna do? Beat him up? Shoot him? Give him a piece of your mind. :rolleyes:

9. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I always try to give bicyclist as much slack as possible as they lose the GVW fight every time and seem to win the court fight every time. I cut motorcycles the same slack as your IQ doesn't necesarily go up if you add and internal combustion engine. In fact my IQ lowers in an inverse ratio to the rise horsepower. I can picture a violated TD chasing after his arch nemesis Lance Armstrong shouting, I'll cut off your nut!

10. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I don't like the cyclists here in, around Austin, and throughout the hill country. They get on these little pewee roads and then ride on both sides of it. I pisses me off to no end. I have almost hit several of them that don't want to get single file on county roads. One time in particular I was pulling a goose neck with round bales on it with a "company" dually and the little jack ass kept swinging his bike out in to the road and wouldn't let me pass him. Well I just put the pedal down on a clear straight away and he tried it again when I was passing he flipped me off right as the trailer started to "walk" he got scared and put his hands back on the handlebars. LOL So I won but only after a long drawn out escapade at 3 mph.