• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Still sweaty from a good ride after work, just walked in and put on some non spandex clothes.

Only had 1x 90Kcal gel which I was as happy with as anything else from the ride. Getting where I can efficiently transition to burning fat without needing much Kcal supplementation is a milestone for me (or anyone) starting to be able to get faster and have better endurance.
    8fe332b3d01d89999b1312a909a62396.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Finally got around to a ride last night. No graphic as a neighbor stopped me to talk and I forgot to stop the app. .1 miles and 11 minutes, just turned it off. Did about 2 miles.

My daughters sheepadoodle was on fire. My daughter literally could not catch her. She drug her most of the ride, in spite of my daughter peddling as fast as she could. Man that dog was wound up. Couped up from all the rain.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    FBA036B1-3851-4BB9-9F99-AB0A152348BA.jpeg
    Because, rain. But this afternoon
    99AA53AB-4280-4B24-8649-561357C877B4.jpeg
    I keep stumbling on these paved bike paths all around Lincoln that actually take you places around and through the city. It seems like every place in the country is more bicycle friendly than Austin.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    View attachment 256984 Because, rain. But this afternoon View attachment 256985 I keep stumbling on these paved bike paths all around Lincoln that actually take you places around and through the city. It seems like every place in the country is more bicycle friendly than Austin.
    When I was much younger I tried the bike for exercise approach. Even the bayou bike paths were an obstacle course of crackheaded zombies. Al though I did enjoy after high water seeing bridge trolls possession scattered in a debris field.

I once laid down the bike when a mini excavator was working around a corner without any warnings.

Just getting to the bike trails meant sharing the road with distracted fucktards. Hell once walking the dog a a stupid **** rolled me onto the hood of her car leaving an apartment complex. I did draw down on her!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    When I was much younger I tried the bike for exercise approach. Even the bayou bike paths were an obstacle course of crackheaded zombies. Al though I did enjoy after high water seeing bridge trolls possession scattered in a debris field.

I once laid down the bike when a mini excavator was working around a corner without any warnings.

Just getting to the bike trails meant sharing the road with distracted fucktards. Hell once walking the dog a a stupid **** rolled me onto the hood of her car leaving an apartment complex. I did draw down on her!

Out between Caldwell and Tunis was off the front of a group ride one Saturday morning doing right at 30mph when me and Sherman rolled up on a dog SLEEPING IN THE ROAD, went to go around, but it woke up and ran in my way and I go over the bars, still doing about 30, then get hit by my mate Sherman and as he is crashing I somehow tumble onto my feet with minimal skin losses for the speed (I laugh at moto guys and their atgatt parking lot tip over boo-boos). Sherman said I was standing over him asking if he was OK before he stopped sliding.

That was a dry weather crash, but one of the perks of wet crashes is you slide better and burn away a lot less skin. I've had a statistically significant number of crashes in all types of weather.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Out between Caldwell and Tunis was off the front of a group ride one Saturday morning doing right at 30mph when me and Sherman rolled up on a dog SLEEPING IN THE ROAD, went to go around, but it woke up and ran in my way and I go over the bars, still doing about 30, then get hit by my mate Sherman and as he is crashing I somehow tumble onto my feet with minimal skin losses for the speed (I laugh at moto guys and their atgatt parking lot tip over boo-boos). Sherman said I was standing over him asking if he was OK before he stopped sliding.

That was a dry weather crash, but one of the perks of wet crashes is you slide better and burn away a lot less skin. I've had a statistically significant number of crashes in all types of weather.

Was the dog ok, and did you scratch his ears afterwards?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My only crash as an adult came right after I got my bike. It’s much taller than my old beach cruiser. I was in my alley and just fell over. It was pretty embarrassing for me, but that didn’t prevent my daughter from laughing her head off. I’ve gotten accustomed to the height. But that first few rides was dicey.

:cool:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Have you guys ever done anything like this? Its called "Judgement Day" and is a challenge to ride 10 trails in 24 hours. Not sure I could pull it off, but I'm interested. Last time I rode several MB trails in one day I pissed blood for 3 days. But I am about a year out, so maybe my innards are healed up.

Here is a link that has the PDF for info on the 2020 event. It shows details on trails and how much to ride at each park in order to get to 70 and 100.

They are supposed to have info on the 2021 event up soon.

FYI, there is a cool app called Trailforks that has all sorts of trails all over the country.

Free and pay versions.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Look up "Enchilada Buffet" down in Austin... never done it but want to..

TOUR DAS HUGAL is 10,000'+ ohclimbing in about 100ish miles. Ive done it, its hard.

Excruciation exam... Warda mtb trail > dirt roads to Smithville > Rocky Hill and roads back to warda for a shot lap 70-80mi. Done it several times. Its long hard and lots of fun

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Cool little town. UN baseball team still playing?

edit- looks like the Big10 tourney is currently in Indiana, but they have one series scheduled with Michigan on May 27-9

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom