• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember quite some years ago, on another forum a member used that term and I had to Google it to find out what it meant.

Some tribes that were into cannibalism called human meat "long pork".
    Look in the right countries of the dark continents thriving bush meat markets it's still available. Witch doctors still have patients to treat & curses to place!

LaborLawPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2021
    North Texas
    I lived near downtown Dallas years ago and thought it would be cool to ride my mountain bike about five miles into the heart of the beast. Yep, did that once, and I'm a pretty sporty dude, but that was a high adrenaline trip. Plus, just to keep in line with the original post, that dang bear that jumped out at me at the end was the worst part! Seriously, I was nearly kilt about ten times that day.

Now I live out in the country. When I feel brave, I take that old mountain bike out and try and stick to less traveled roads and dirt tracks around the house. The heavy traffic roads do have nice shoulders. And it may be illegal, but I ride towards traffic so I can roll into the ditch if Bubba doesn't seem me coming. I make sure to wear a neon shirt.

And after this thread, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled a bit more for mountain lions. (I have to look over my shoulder ever so often for them and mostly doggos when jogging, for which I carry a steel baton after a doggo nearly bit me last summer.)

It's dangerous out there folks!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Condolences to the family, loved ones and friends of the victim of the bear attack. At one time I could never have imagined what it would be like to be eaten alive by a bear but this brief video, about a Russian girl being eaten and killed by a bear, gave me a clue. It must be one of the most horrifying things that can happen to a person let alone the effects it has on the victim's loved ones:

Although I at times could (and maybe sometimes still can - but hope not to) joke about stuff like this, I have tried not to do it in my older years. To me, there truly is nothing here of which to make fun - at least when I give it some serious thought. I doubt the person being killed and eaten by a bear thought it was funny and I doubt those bicyclists being run down by drunken or irresponsible motorists thought it funny either. RIP, whether the victim of the bear attack was a bicyclist or not.

Believe me, having lived just outside of, and having worked in, NYC - I can tell you I despise the cyclist mentality that many cyclists display - that they are the road warriors of today and that anyone who crosses their path is good only for running down. Yes, that is the mentality of the mobs who purposefully screw up traffic with regularity in NYC. When assigned toa protective detail, I had to deal with them during the Republican Convention at Madison Square Garden (for GWB) and had to stop one and half knock him off his bike when he aimed at and accelerated toward a police lieutenant helping a guy in a wheelchair across the street to attend the convention. As far as I see, these idiots who drive in packs and who think they are the masters of the roadways - they are among the lowest scum of the earth. That said, even if one of them were mauled, killed and eaten by a bear, I doubt I would joke about it, at least as of late. You want to joke about it - go right ahead but when someone jokes about your misfortunes remember what you had done before that. When the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak, you often see things differently.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010