• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    He was the police chief in Amarillo before.. I thought police chiefs came from within the department.

He did come from the dept, sorta.

He started his career in Plano in and worked his whole career in Plano except those 4 years in Amarillo.
    Lynx Defense

Reactions: MTA

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    He was the police chief in Amarillo before.. I thought police chiefs came from within the department. Then again I always live out in the country where all we have is the sheriff
    Houston always before had gotten a castoff from the bluest place they could find. Since Avocado decamped I believe they promoted from within. Watching disinterestedly to see if it makes a big rodent's rear of difference. So far no.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    It has happened in Houston and in Plano and the Police have followed their orders and let it be. How much more before we understand that the rank and file officers are going to decide "screw the law, were just collecting a paycheck."
    The law abiding are a much easier target. So if you want to play with these dogs or just run into a pack of them, the blue sheep won't help. It's hard to baaaaaaaaack the blue colored sheep

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    well technically she resigned. But it was after that incident her career unraveled, not that she was going to be around for long. Minorities do not seem to have long tenure at DPD.
    Brown was chief when the 5 died, and things got tougher. Seemed like there was some funny business going on there, too, from watching some non-official DPD accounts. Hall seemed in bed with the libs from the start, but they turned on her after the bridge incident. With the non-libs, she was in trouble because she seemed to have some real serious personal problems, like not passing the test and being able to wear her uniform.

To the OP: yeah, we all need to individually take steps to be prepared. I'd suggest starting to learn more than just standing in place and shooting at paper targets. Maybe find 5-6 buddies and start investing in learning some tactics and even doing some airsoft matches together. Lucas of TrexArms has a lot of content on Instagram that might be useful for drills... and he's advocated learning movement and such if you really want to get serious about being prepared.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So did back up ever arrive and clear the intersection, or did they just wait until they got tired of protesting?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Brown's call in D got them shot, was looking for better job at the time. Hall was 'uncoordinated' at best, don't know who gave the bridge arrest order that was then countermanded by city hall. Most front line chiefs are gone now. Pretty much a trade-a-chief now so collect pension and leave.

Top Bottom